Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

putting 20s on DC5

OK so ive managed to put in 20s on my DC5:

20x8.5 with offset +40 and tyres of profile 225/35. I can turn the front wheels nicely without scrubbing - no probs with the front. The rear - the wheels almost rubbed the wall inside the guard (next to where rear springs are)

now I wanted to know if the following will fit:
    20x8.5 but with offset +45 (i.e. wheels will go sit inside a lil bit more) and tyres of profile 235/30 (i.e. lower profile but wider)....

anyone has experience of putting 20s on DC5? I plan to slam it once these are on (i will custom lower it by compressing the springs), so i will defeiniintely need to roll the guards etc but what are your thoughts/experiences on this?
    Last edited by SU88UR; 20-12-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1 -> Dc2R --> Ap1
    Roll your fenders and camber your wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    yeah. or keep the previous setup

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    post pics
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Its good to see you wrote up or original post with a fair bit of information.

So the car hasn't been lowered yet? 8.5 +40 is fairly aggressive for a DC5, I have 17x8 +35 on my DC5R. The rear tyre is slightly tucking, with a fair bit of camber (Not sure exactly, but about - 1' to -2') and its only a few mm away from the guard.

But if the inside of the rim is fouling on the suspension, you'll want to push it out more, so a higher offset is the way to go... then you'll have to worry about he guards

Quote Originally Posted by civicem1 View Post
    Roll your fenders and camber your wheels.
    did you really need to camber the wheels on your....err... DC5? its only 5mm difference (from +40 to +45), and another 5mm (225 to 235)

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    But if the inside of the rim is fouling on the suspension, you'll want to push it out more, so a higher offset is the way to go.
    if you want to push it out then youll have to go with lower offset...the lower your offset is, the more your wheels will stick out...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CBR 1000
    Hey i had 20' on my DC5. 225/35, with coil overs the back had a nice camber but too low on the front and the wheels would rub on the guard.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by SU88UR View Post
    if you want to push it out then youll have to go with lower offset...the lower your offset is, the more your wheels will stick out...
    I stand corrected... what was i thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bmybny View Post
    Hey i had 20' on my DC5. 225/35, with coil overs the back had a nice camber but too low on the front and the wheels would rub on the guard.
    thx for the info dude please check ur inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by SU88UR View Post
    OK so ive managed to put in 20s on my DC5:
    Why do something so very silly?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    would be a pretty boring world if nobody went out and did something abit different
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/