Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    lol wats the difference betweeen dc2 and dc2r airbox??. I thought there was none

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    i rekon its worth it just 4 the piping alone, slap it on n then wait 4 a discount on a K&N or Apexi filter n swap it over... i done my piping myself from 3 pieces, then clamps n silicone hoses set me back almost 100 lol so i rekon go 4 it, if its anything like the 1 in the pic it should fit perfectly
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    i just got this, will finish putting it on by tomorrow morning and will post up on here how it goes. Initial review, it comes with all the clamps, silcone joins and support hangers. However the inside of the pipes are really dirty with polishing dust or something, so will need a good clean just to be safe. Pipe is only 2.75" not 3" but I don't think it will matter as the intake manifold inlet is only 2.75" anyways

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by soru View Post
    i just got this, will finish putting it on by tomorrow morning and will post up on here how it goes. Initial review, it comes with all the clamps, silcone joins and support hangers. However the inside of the pipes are really dirty with polishing dust or something, so will need a good clean just to be safe. Pipe is only 2.75" not 3" but I don't think it will matter as the intake manifold inlet is only 2.75" anyways
    Hey soru,

Thats excellent, please let us know how it goes, and post up some pics.
    Also if you could, tell us about any differences in your car.

Thnks..

Newcomer Array
    bumb

has ne1 else tried this on thier caR???

id also like to see how this goes,

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    lol wats the difference betweeen dc2 and dc2r airbox??. I thought there was none
    the airbox is identical, a good budget system is to simply remove the resonator box and direct a cold air feed into the airbox.

it keeps it looking very stock but you wont get that really loud vtec noise..

although the integra airbox system is really good, i read an article somewhere where they run a dc2r on a dyno then they just took the top of the airbox off and ran it again and lost 5kw's.

so unless you gonna do a cold air system just having an exposed pod in the engine bay isnt worth it.

Newcomer Array
    fair enough,

but seriously, i know this is annoying as fck,

but has anyone on OH, bought and tried this on?

Like did they feel any differences, response fuel economy bla bla

would be greattt to find sum1

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by hectik_7 View Post
    fair enough,

look sorry to not answer your question but i've read so many of these types of threads that i can pretty much tell you your answer.

you'll probably get a bit more throttle response, you MAY make a tad more power(then again you could lose some because of heat soak in the engine bay), it'll make a hell more noise(in other words it'll sound awesome), and most likely.. you'll suffer from the placebo affect and think you've made more gains than you have

in short, its cheap and easy so just do it, you'll probably enjoy it more than what you have know

if for some reason you dont, remove it and return to the stock system

Quote Originally Posted by hectik_7 View Post
    fair enough,

didnt u read b4? i said on my old dc4 i bought an intake off ebay and used an apexi pod instead. along with a full exhaust system i was beating vti-r's, em1's, prelude vti-r's etc, so the gains are there, but obviously nothing major

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    didnt u read b4? i said on my old dc4 i bought an intake off ebay and used an apexi pod instead. along with a full exhaust system i was beating vti-r's, em1's, prelude vti-r's etc, so the gains are there, but obviously nothing major
    thanks,

btw incase you didn't read i was talking about item with the link, that specific one, and so on,

so work it out,

thanks agen.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    okay, so its been a week since I have put this on. I had a short ram intake before this. I have never had a stock intake system so I don't know how much of a difference between stock and aftermarket feels like. I can't feel much difference between the CAI and the SRI.

-If anything it feels a lot more restrictive then the SRI at higher revs as it was a 3" pipe.
    -The CAI might be abit more responsive at low revs as its picking colder air.
    -The power band seems alot smoother with the CAI
    -Seems like my car is running better as its showing on the A/F ratio gauge thats its more often in the stoich range. With the SRI it was more often in the rich range.
    -Fitment was okay, don't know where the brackets goes but I found a spot for them, its on pretty tight now with my another bracket I made just in case it moves.

Also note my car has a VAFC tuned to the SRI.

If i had a stock intake, I would definately get this CAI as its cheap for just the piping. But those with the SRI, I would just keep the SRI as its more convenient,safer and cheaper to keep. As the filter on a CAI will easily get dirty and wet.

will upload some pics later