Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    hey buddah sorry for the misleading... just found out the white dust thingy come from the tree next door. dunno what is it but I think I better wash it off and buy a car cover for night
    If your going to buy a car cover make sure it has a felt back (so it doesn't scuff the paint) & only use it on a clean car. If you have dust or dirt on the car the worst thing you can do is put a car cover on

Fits standard vehicles 4.58m to 4.88m in length Brand: Sunland Part number: CC42. That is the cover to get - Auto Barn stock them - about $200

Does anyone find that after waxing the car, it seems to attract a lot of dust? I've read that some of the wax or sealant may attract more dust but is there any way to reduce or prevent this? Or do you just have to wash it more frequent?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by loki78 View Post
    Does anyone find that after waxing the car, it seems to attract a lot of dust? I've read that some of the wax or sealant may attract more dust but is there any way to reduce or prevent this? Or do you just have to wash it more frequent?
    Mine gets pretty dusty, don't think it attracts it though...
    Just seems to be more noticeable with flash paint work.
    Wash more frequently, or use super slick sealant!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Just a question regarding waxing/sealant and polish.

I have paint protection and Nature Guard on my car that was applied before I picked it up from the dealer. I was told that since this was applied I wouldn't need to use waxes or polish.

I've washed the car once (normal bucket wash) and it's quite shiny.

Is it correct in that I shouldn't be using wax or polish?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Just a question regarding waxing/sealant and polish.

I have paint protection and Nature Guard on my car that was applied before I picked it up from the dealer. I was told that since this was applied I wouldn't need to use waxes or polish.

I've washed the car once (normal bucket wash) and it's quite shiny.

Is it correct in that I shouldn't be using wax or polish?
    Wait for another 3-4 months and you should find out that the dealer is lying

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Wait for another 3-4 months and you should find out that the dealer is lying
    There is lifetime warranty for the paint protection and nature guard so if that ever happens I can always take it back to them and demand a re-coat / refund...

There is lifetime warranty for the paint protection and nature guard so if that ever happens I can always take it back to them and demand a re-coat / refund...
    Hahaha have you read the "fine print" that they told me there's none? If you've read them, you should know why I decide not to go with this option at the end (eventho my car is black)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Hahaha have you read the "fine print" that they told me there's none? If you've read them, you should know why I decide not to go with this option at the end (eventho my car is black)

1- No I didn't read the fine print and it would be good if you actually explained why rather than being a smart a$$.

2- Unless you can prove to me that the protection coating will actually die in a few months I will remain confident that it is better to have the protection than not.

1- No I didn't read the fine print and it would be good if you actually explained why rather than being a smart a$$.

2- Unless you can prove to me that the protection coating will actually die in a few months I will remain confident that it is better to have the protection than not.
    1. WOW!!!! thats offensive dude... never thought my comment to help you actually make me beinga smart ass... You can pm a lot of people here who has tried the nano tech, nature guard, etc and not happy with them after a while. Regarding the fine print, one of them says that you need to regularly wash the car using their car wash product (not any other product, not even top of the range product from different brand) minimum forthnightly. Another said something like eventhough inspection is not needed, but you still need to bring back the car for inspection every 6-12 months otherwise the warranty will be void... Now, perhaps we are offered 2 diff thing from 2 diff dealer, so PLEASE do not quote what I said here to the dealer as a legal action (so I wont look like a smart ass for you or other people you talked to)

2. if you that confident, then no point asking your initial question here in the forum then... just trust the dealer mate...

Anyway, all in all its your car, your decision. So hope you enjoy your purchase since its a great car!!!
    Last edited by denot; 02-03-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Paint protection is no better than a medium quality wax. Dealers sell it to make money full stop.
    You will find in 4 to 6 months it will need a good detail. You will know when it is required as the water will stop beading on the paint when it rains, or when you wash it.

What Denot said is correct, not a smart ass comment.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    1. WOW!!!! thats offensive dude... never thought my comment to help you actually make me beinga smart ass... You can pm a lot of people here who has tried the nano tech, nature guard, etc and not happy with them after a while. Regarding the fine print, one of them says that you need to regularly wash the car using their car wash product (not any other product, not even top of the range product from different brand) minimum forthnightly. Another said something like eventhough inspection is not needed, but you still need to bring back the car for inspection every 6-12 months otherwise the warranty will be void... Now, perhaps we are offered 2 diff thing from 2 diff dealer, so PLEASE do not quote what I said here to the dealer as a legal action (so I wont look like a smart ass for you or other people you talked to)
    Thanks buddy, that was MUCH better explanation of why you didn't choose to go for it. Whereas initially I felt I was just laughed at!

Well I've already got the protection on there so I think I will just continue to use their product. I'm willing to get it serviced at the dealer for the first few times anyway so that's no issue as well. All a first time experience so it's going to be interesting how the dealer does the servicing, so far no complaints. Got a great deal and good service.

Cheers

Thanks buddy, that was MUCH better explanation of why you didn't choose to go for it. Whereas initially I felt I was just laughed at!

Well I've already got the protection on there so I think I will just continue to use their product. I'm willing to get it serviced at the dealer for the first few times anyway so that's no issue as well. All a first time experience so it's going to be interesting how the dealer does the servicing, so far no complaints. Got a great deal and good service.

Cheers
    Glad we sort out our differences there Muzzy Anyway, let me know the what you think about the Nature Guard after a few months. keep us informed mate