Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    There shouldn't be a noticeable difference unless your previous oil was totally fcked.
    hahahahha yes, thats what i found when i changed the oil the first time to motul 8100 turbolight. It revv'd alot better hahah but normally you won't notice ....
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Hey guys,

My CU2 (manual) is due for the 1000km/1 month service. It has only done 500km but the 1month has come. Just a bit confused, should I not bother with asking them for an oil change? Should I stick with the oil that Travis Honda reconmends at future services?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilan View Post
    Hey guys,

My CU2 (manual) is due for the 1000km/1 month service. It has only done 500km but the 1month has come. Just a bit confused, should I not bother with asking them for an oil change? Should I stick with the oil that Travis Honda reconmends at future services?
    You don't change oil on CU2 till 10K.But if it was my car i'd change it round the 5K mark with a full synthetic.Buy your own oil and when you get it serviced let the service guy know you brought your own oil.You'll then know what oil is in your car.

For my CL9, at 1000km I ask them to change the oil, not sure what oil they use but I think its honda feo mineral oil. Then at 10,000km I use castrol Edge

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I wouldn't use FEO and leave it in for 10k.It's mineral oil and it tends to break down approx.7-8K

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    And some dealers are too cheap to use even FEO. Instead, they use what they have by the drum, and that is usually magnatec.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    agreed with aaron.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I wouldn't use FEO and leave it in for 10k.It's mineral oil and it tends to break down approx.7-8K

1k+ change to feo, service around 9k+... just nice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 euro lux man

Smile factory oil is the go!

had my 09 Euro Man in for the 1000K checkup, the Honda man on the floor said to only use the Honda 30 grade oil up to 10,000 or 6months with no filter change?

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Had my 1,000kms checkup a few weeks ago as well but before it was due I spoke to the service manager and he said it's not recommended to change the oil at 1,000kms but to wait till the first service at 10,000kms. However, if I insisted they could do it (at a charge of course) but then he'd still discourage me from changing the oil. In the end I just opted for a regular 1,000kms checkup.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    Had my 1,000kms checkup a few weeks ago as well but before it was due I spoke to the service manager and he said it's not recommended to change the oil at 1,000kms but to wait till the first service at 10,000kms. However, if I insisted they could do it (at a charge of course) but then he'd still discourage me from changing the oil. In the end I just opted for a regular 1,000kms checkup.
    Change the oil at approx.5-6K and then run a good full synthetic,you then can change the oil every 10K service.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 euro lux man

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Change the oil at approx.5-6K and then run a good full synthetic,you then can change the oil every 10K service.
    thanks for that, will run 0W/40 Castrol Edge at the 5K mark. Have bought some Honda FEO 10W/30+filter+washer for $58.This should keep her clean untill 5K.