Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust For FD

hav had ppl in other countries installing hi cams on the K20Z2 in a civic sport, and also replacing the stock manifold (designed for low - mid rpm torque) to the RBC manifold (similar to DC5r, EP3r and K20z3 manifolds) it'll giv the car a little bit more hi rpm power. but just replacing the catback wont do much becoz the headers is the most restricted part in the exhaust system. de-cat will also reduce lower rpm torque unless its done with an aftermarket headers.

tbh, our civic sport FD2 is not made for power, if it is, they would've put in a K20z1, K20z3 or even K20A... but no they chose the K20z2 which runs 12valves b4 vtec kicks in then fully opens the other 4 intake vavles on hi rpm...

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    dude.. a FD can be made fast.. anything is possible, just need the know-how and $$$.. e.g. FD2R, mugenRR as inspiration

only reason i think the FD2 has a K20Z2 engine is coz of restrictions.. detuned engines into the AU market.

well, to me i bought the 09 civic sport for its chassis, strong and well designed, low centre of gravity, its just when i can afford the jdm FD2R 225hp k20a. coz not much aftermarket parts ar made for k20z2, tones around for R18a, kinda regretted y i didnt get a vti...

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    just start saving up for the FD2R K20A engine and mod around that.. i kinda remember someone selling that engine here a while ago.. it had a spoon cap on it

anywaz, back to exhausts..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    fd2
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_ek View Post
    well, to me i bought the 09 civic sport for its chassis, strong and well designed, low centre of gravity, its just when i can afford the jdm FD2R 225hp k20a. coz not much aftermarket parts ar made for k20z2, tones around for R18a, kinda regretted y i didnt get a vti...
    is the 09 chassis different to 07? i thought it was facelift and vehicle stability on all models?

you shouldn't regret the civic sport over the others. i find in standard factory form, no mods, it's much nicer, fog lamps, sunroof, leather interior that seems very nice compared to the others, and a dohc engine which may have some future mods done to it. i didn't hesitate to get a sport over a vti. sure it's not a type r, but i couldnt complain for the price.

sorry to go off the exhaust topic Johnny, I was really just interested to know if it is even possible to get some power out of this engine if you put money into it other than exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Changing the internals and crap similar to the k20a is possible but really not worth the money... If u want power go turbo. Easiest option.

Member Array
    Car:
    10 Honda GE Fit
    skunk2 has a catback system for the USDM civic, and apparently it'll fit onto our FD2 and the price is cheaper than most of the JDM systems too!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    megapower? heard its overly loud. not sure about any performance gains though.

Member Array
    Car:
    10 Honda GE Fit
    mega power is acceptable with its 60mm piping, but yes it will be louder than other jdm options. performance wise it's the same or similar to any cat back, quieter exhausts mean more restricted with resonators, and i was told that without the headers, power will only be gained in high rpm, coz the exhaust manifold is more restrictive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    fd2
    so with one of these catbacks and headers you would get some gains at least, but perhaps only what 10-15hp atw?

10-15 hp atw is MASSIVE... if any you might get 2-5 hp atw up high...
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    fd2
    man there must be something seriously throttling the performance inside the engine, and not just because it's a basic vtec. i would imagine any performance exhaust system and headers would include more. or does power atw on these vehicles work out much lower than at the engine, 15hp engine, 2hp wheels?

i'm relatively new to cars tuned here. would a complete free flow exhaust system without any CAT provide better HP gains? besides being illegal in Oz.