Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT

Unhappy Radiator troubles - replace or fix?

eyz all, my radiators been leaking from the top, i think is that the "top tank"?

u can c in the pic where the fluidz ended up

i read ppl say that u can just take it to a radiator place n they can repair it?

i got a quote for 320 for replace n fit, can anyone tell me if this is an ok quote and if it can be repaired, is it worth doing over a replacement, i.e. does it fix it gud for a long time or is it just temporary?

cheers!

Last edited by VTEC@14.7psi; 07-04-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    14.7psi = atmospheric pressure at sea level = NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    I just purchased a new aluminium radiator off ebay for around AU$180 shipped, I will let you know what the quality is like when I receive it, but it might be worth looking into one as it may work out cheaper.

B20VTEC Build Thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    sweet that would be pretty mad, are they easy to replace? /cud u write a DIY as u do it? lol

Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC@14.7psi View Post
    sweet that would be pretty mad, are they easy to replace? /cud u write a DIY as u do it? lol
    lol ok I will try

PS: nice quote in your sig lol

B20VTEC Build Thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    hehe

would the radiator be an ASI brand one? i just went on ebay n noticed a heap of em

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    I had the same problem on my B16A2 radiator (top tank busted).

Got quoted $180 to replace the top tank (when supplying them with the bare radiator - out of car). Bought a 'cheap' alloy radiator - lasted for about 6 months then started leaking out of the fins.

Removed the 'cheap' alloy p.o.s radiator and fitted an aftermarket OEM equivalent replacement (plastic tanks) for $150. Still going strong!

Moral of the story - you get what you pay for. Generally when it sounds too good to be true it usually is... Especially when it's an eBay item!
    FN2R

I had the exactly same issue. Bought a cheap alloy one and it leaked. Ended up replacing it with a koyorad. May as well fix the problem so that it isnt going to happen again.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    using a PWR radiator.
    never looking back.
    =)

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    lol 320 installed.....your getting ripped
    it will take 5mins to install easy as

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Time to get an aftermarket alloy radiator. And they are simple as to replace.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    any advice on the cheapest alternative? its pretty much just a wife beater at the moment cuz im yet to find funds for the project

ive read a couple o forums about ASI n it seems like it goes ok... 1 year warranty too...???

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC@14.7psi View Post
    any advice on the cheapest alternative? its pretty much just a wife beater at the moment cuz im yet to find funds for the project

ive read a couple o forums about ASI n it seems like it goes ok... 1 year warranty too...???
    I purchased an ASI radiator and slim fan, seem good for the price but only time will tell

B20VTEC Build Thread