Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: ek9 !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwong View Post
    saw the Rego, its running B16B, 99% sure its ek9! woot
    Lucky! Now ask him to part out the goodies

i'm now the owner of that civic eg, and i talked to the guy and he says he imported his ek9 from overseas and threw a ITR engine in it.

he told me he was selling it, and heres the ad:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...0903&silo=1011

one thing to note is that his name is apparently EK9 and that's not a photo of HIS ek9 as it has californian plates. another note is that i wouldn't trust him, as the eg i bought came w/o RWC (regretful mistake) which cost me quite a bit to get it roadworthy, but he told me it was only a few minor things (which definitely was NOT).

so yeah just a bit of my personal history!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 EU3 Civic
    QUESTION..

How does someone import an EK9 or get to own an EK9 over here in AUS without living overseas for one year driving the car around??

is there any easy simple ways to do it??
    WTB: EK9 Rails or Vision Super Low Rails for EK/EM

what does v-tec sound like...?

ehhhhhhhh ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dun dun dun ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dun dun dun ERRRRRRRRRRRR

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    no, stated u need to own the car for 12months or more and drive it around so it doenst look suss b4 u can import

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru

nz

Quote Originally Posted by MRB18R View Post
    QUESTION..

How does someone import an EK9 or get to own an EK9 over here in AUS without living overseas for one year driving the car around??

is there any easy simple ways to do it??
    go get a mate from nz..give him $ tell him to buy ek9 for $7000 then wait a year tell him send it here..then put it under your name..done alot of times..also im from nz
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    go get a mate from nz..give him $ tell him to buy ek9 for $7000 then wait a year tell him send it here..then put it under your name..done alot of times..also im from nz
    ^^ i doubt it's as simple as that.

the person from NZ would most likely need to be moving to Australia before customs/gov allows them to import a car. they simply can't own the car for 12 months, then ship it here... they gotta come with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by pancake View Post
    one thing to note is that his name is apparently EK9 and that's not a photo of HIS ek9 as it has californian plates. another note is that i wouldn't trust him, as the eg i bought came w/o RWC (regretful mistake) which cost me quite a bit to get it roadworthy, but he told me it was only a few minor things (which definitely was NOT).

so yeah just a bit of my personal history!
    i hope you're not talking about me... cos it's not me, lol. confusing...

as for all the EK9s floating around Melbourne, some are private imports, some were brought in as damaged vehicles pre 2001/2002 before laws were changed to cover a loophole. the damaged ones were repaired and re-birthed - yes, it was legit only cos of a loophole in the laws... but when the laws changed, these rebirthed cars were reinspected to check they were roadworthy and met australian standards. this applied to all imports that fell thru the loophole including nissans, mitsubishis, etc.

however i have to say that there are a few i have seen personally that were very dodgy, or may have been through the same process but the cars were in poor condition or not "rebuilt" to standard.

if u ever come across an ek9 that is not a personal import - without the yellow plate on the firewall, i'd have a good inspection and try to track down its history.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW