Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: clutchs .....

JAP they dont make an Aftermarket one that why im getting mine rebuilt (honned out, sleeved and new seals)
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    JAP they dont make an Aftermarket one that why im getting mine rebuilt (honned out, sleeved and new seals)
    Smart thing to do! Rather than replacing it like a dumbarse all the time. I'll look into getting this done as i have two of them collecting dust in my garage.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    guys i have a toda clutch, and its worn out now although i like the toda fly wheel if i just buy a clutch for it and machine the fly wheel is it possible? cause hannys is charging me 1800 installed ! for oem although i like my toda fly wheel any help will be good thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The flywheel has to fit perfectly with the clutch.. and assuming they would i couldnt see why not? I dont think their one peice parts. Correct me if im wrong though lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol yeh they charging me 500 for an oem flywheel bcos ive got my own pressure plate and disk.
    260 for the release bearing.

usually the price 1500 for the oem clutch kit and 300 extra for the flywheel. = 1800.

i believe you can machine the flywheel but all depends if its damaged or how thin it is..

should be changing my clutch with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by NVD52K View Post
    guys i have a toda clutch, and its worn out now although i like the toda fly wheel if i just buy a clutch for it and machine the fly wheel is it possible? cause hannys is charging me 1800 installed ! for oem although i like my toda fly wheel any help will be good thanks
    Last edited by winkyc; 14-05-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by winkyc View Post
    lol yeh they charging me 500 for an oem flywheel bcos ive got my own pressure plate and disk.
    260 for the release bearing.

usually the price 1500 for the oem clutch kit and 300 extra for the flywheel. = 1800.

i believe you can machine the flywheel but all depends if its damaged or how thin it is..

should be changing my clutch with them too.

thats 1800 installed though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories

This is the same clutch kit I just bought,,,I am sticking with stock clutch feel

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Wow that's an awesome price normally the fidanza flywheels go for that price alone
    Fidanza = good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    Wow that's an awesome price normally the fidanza flywheels go for that price alone
    Fidanza = good stuff

I thought it was a good deal ,,,spread the love

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    Fidanza = good stuff
    if you want some stories about fidanza flywheels, i recommend you search s2ki for them.

Quote Originally Posted by <4n'D> View Post
    if you want some stories about fidanza flywheels, i recommend you search s2ki for them.
    hey just read about them on s2k...old problem...they don't use rivites any more..this was the problem with their old version they are bolted together now..I would just check that the bolts are torqued to the correct spec before instalation..should be no problems,,,as there are bolts that hold flywheel to crank and pressure plate to flywheel these all can come loose if not torqued to correct specs.... and it was only one person with a problem from the search I did ,,the same guy came up multiple times in search
    Last edited by Dart; 24-05-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    theres a stock flywheel for sale with 4000km on it i think he said he wants 40 bucks for it no cracks or anything lol.. worth the buy? I dont need it but maybe someone here does?