Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by NeRV View Post

Here are the results of this header.
    Car: Mine, duh
    Mods: eBay CAI w/ K&N, Carsound universal high-flow cat, custom 2.5" crush-bent exhaust, OBX muffler (2.5" In/Dual 3.0" Out)
    Temp: 66ºF
    Hum: 6%

This is the same header as what Lukather has in prelude... alot of the guys on preludepower.com are running this header with great results and no problems so far.. I for one have spent alot of money on my genuine Mugen header and the power gains were no where near what i would have wanted for the amount of money i spent.

Lukather just a question: how is the fitment of the header you bought? did you have to notch abit of your crossmember? a few guys in the states needed to notch their crossmember for it to fit.

Those look like some nice gains. I hope to get mine dynoed and tuned very soon and am anticipating some good results.

Yes I did have to have my crossmember grinded out a bit for it to fit. I think that's sort of a standard issue/modification with all or atleast most of the preludes when it comes to header fitment. Between that front mount and crossmember there's not alot of room so somethings gotta give. I'm not really fussed though because the gain I got was more than worth it

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    7.5kw at the wheels at 6750rpm (peak power) is, im sorry to say, about what to any full exhaust gets, fancy design or not

itd be interesting to see what you get as well lukather

but anyway dyno charts are bullshit anyway, if you say you can feel strong gains and your happy with it, then that's what is important.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Del Sol 1993
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    dyno for one car with one header, and comparing to a different car with different header is useless.

In summary you cannot expect the header bought off ebay to match one from Hytech or SMSP. Its how the item buyer evaluates how much they are prepared to cost vs gain. You are more likely to get basic modifiers who will settle for somethign generic and then you get people who highly modify their car who want something for their setup for maximum effect.
    its called a cost benefit analysis not cost vs gain
    if one person to buy a branded header to make 15whp for $1000
    and another person bought a replica which only made 12whp for $600
    the extra 3hp wouldn't be noticeable realistically
    so the concept of this that yes its a replica it may not produce the EXACT amount as the original but for the fraction of the cost one is able to extract similar or very close power gains of the original form

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Del Sol 1993
    Quote Originally Posted by rbk_212 View Post
    7.5kw at the wheels at 6750rpm (peak power) is, im sorry to say, about what to any full exhaust gets, fancy design or not

itd be interesting to see what you get as well lukather

but anyway dyno charts are bullshit anyway, if you say you can feel strong gains and your happy with it, then that's what is important.
    not true ive known a guy with the xforce header and loose power on a h22a
    and ended up swapping the oem header on.

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKaji View Post
    not true ive known a guy with the xforce header and loose power on a h22a
    and ended up swapping the oem header on.
    pfft i think youll find an entire forums worth of people that will disagree with you at preludeaustralia.com

as if a stainless steel mandrel bent header is going to be worse then the double walled, tiny diamtered and crush bent stock one

i thought i share this with u guy. h22a header, its a rep as well i think rmf. thanks to Ben for helping me out getting this thing. Just waiting for fitting and tune.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude
    thats nice as. where did u pick that up from?

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvik_ryda View Post
    i thought i share this with u guy. h22a header, its a rep as well i think rmf. thanks to Ben for helping me out getting this thing. Just waiting for fitting and tune.

That looks to be the RMF Drag header replica which can also be bought off ebay for a fraction of the cost of the genuine version. Unfortunately. however, that won't fit in a prelude chassis.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    That does look pretty aye btw these replica headers seem larger in tubing in comparison to the Xforce headers?? are they?? Also for $600 thats a lot of money for a set of headers but $1000 is astronomical and i completly concur with the benefit analysis over cost vs gain perception. I to believe that if you feel a gain of 12Kw rather than 15 for a saving of $400 i think that replica header has done a mighty fine job?!? especially if you can invest that $400 into something else that could potentially improve the cars gains alot more or even replacing old worn out parts with aftermarket parts?? i dont know uhhh....something like Camshafts for instance?? The replica headers are sufficent by far and you gained 2 mods for the price of one rather then spending $1000 and being $400 out of pocket with one mod? (ofcourse you'll need to install them and that costs and otehr parts are needed to have the camshafts put in, but the point is that you were still able to get the camshafts).

I'm pretty sure the RMF replica header can fit the Preludes, but it's just not A/C or P/S friendly.

yeah my header is not for a prelude. clear PS but aircon is a no no.

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by NeRV View Post
    I'm pretty sure the RMF replica header can fit the Preludes, but it's just not A/C or P/S friendly.
    so its more for a track type thing?