Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Nav

Lightbulb Accord Euro leather seats quality ...

Fellow owners,

I thought I should start a thread on this topic.

My leather seats seems to be deteriorating pretty quickly (Nov06 Luxury Nav). Especially the driver side, it has a lot of 'folding' mark sort of thing, but thankfully no cracks so far, passenger side only has these marks around the lumbar support area and rear seats are fine because its rarely used.

Anyone else experiencing wear and tear on the leather seats which can be classified as abnormal?

Could it be because heating on the seats?

Sometimes when I have a look at other Euros park on side street their leather condition doesn't seem to be as bad as mine.

Any thoughts? Similar experience?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    How much do you weigh? Do you moisturise the leather?
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JaBriX View Post
    Fellow owners,

I thought I should start a thread on this topic.

My leather seats seems to be deteriorating pretty quickly (Nov06 Luxury Nav). Especially the driver side, it has a lot of 'folding' mark sort of thing, but thankfully no cracks so far, passenger side only has these marks around the lumbar support area and rear seats are fine because its rarely used.

Anyone else experiencing wear and tear on the leather seats which can be classified as abnormal?

Could it be because heating on the seats?

Sometimes when I have a look at other Euros park on side street their leather condition doesn't seem to be as bad as mine.

Any thoughts? Similar experience?
    Do a search on euro leather seats. You will find there are a few threads where people talk about the condition of their seats and how they care for the leather

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    do you fart in your seat? j/k

umm yeh mainly bodyweight, do you keep wriggling around?
    you wear alot of denim jeans material which is harsh?
    park in the sun alot? do you treat your leather with uv protectant cleaner etc.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Nav
    do you fart in your seat? --> WHO DOESNT? lol

--> 75kgs

--> yes

park in the sun alot? do you treat your leather with uv protectant cleaner
    --> I've used a leather cleaner products but I dont think it has UV protection, any recommended brand for leather protection products?

Other than cleaner or protection cream, is there anything else that can be done to 'heal' the existing marks on the seats?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Sorry im not an expert in what leather care is good, atm i am just using armorall spray n wipe leather.

My jeans have some metal button the back pocket and it's stuffed my seat a tad.

Only thing is you can start using the products to reduce further wear and deterioration. I purposely bought seat covers for the front seats cause they are mostly in the sun also you can get darker tints which can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaBriX View Post
    do you fart in your seat? --> WHO DOESNT? lol

--> 75kgs

--> yes

park in the sun alot? do you treat your leather with uv protectant cleaner
    --> I've used a leather cleaner products but I dont think it has UV protection, any recommended brand for leather protection products?

Other than cleaner or protection cream, is there anything else that can be done to 'heal' the existing marks on the seats?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You need to use leather conditioner every month in order to slow down the occurrence of the cracks. Once it happens, you can't repair it with the conditioner.

It happens because of the cheap leather Honda has used. Can't blame them. Look at the equivalent Lexus with proper good leather and the price difference is big.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You need to use leather conditioner every month in order to slow down the occurrence of the cracks. Once it happens, you can't repair it with the conditioner.

It happens because of the cheap leather Honda has used. Can't blame them. Look at the equivalent Lexus with proper good leather and the price difference is big.
    Yes you are right there. Of course at the other end of the scale have a look at the "leather appointed" seats in the Commodore Omega International pack that is currently on sale by Holden. The leather is flat and lifeless! At least Honda used leather with some character marks.

By the way do you or anyone else know if I could get say MY06 Accura leather seat covers from the USA and if they would fit our seats. They have PLeather which I much prefer.
    Thanks

Theres a few issues that people have raised here which i strongly advise against.

1. Seat covers on leather seats - DO NOT do this, Seat covers still allow dirt to sit between the leather of your seat and the cover you place on. When you sit on the seat the seat cover slides and therefore rolls the dirt around over the leather. I once re-trimmed a seat in a BMW when the guy put seat covers on the day he bought it and then 3 years later pulled them off to replace them realised his seat was now shredded leather.

2. DO NOT use armorall products. They have a high silicone content and silicone drys out leather and plastics etc.

As for good products to use. I suggest Ge-Wy leather dressing. This can be found at most saddlery's and i know horseland sell it. We use this on all leather work we do, i use it on my leather lounge and on saddles.

Hopefully this clears a few things up but the marks you already have will not go, BUT you can assist in preventing them from getting worse..

Oh and by the way, referring to your last post. 'Pleather' is no such thing. It is actually vinyl and if you prefer that over leather then you are delerious. 'Pleather' is a fancy word for vinyl used by trimmers who are out to rip you off! But each to their own.
    Last edited by BE.10.WU; 14-05-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: edit

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by BE.10.WU View Post
    Theres a few issues that people have raised here which i strongly advise against.

1. Seat covers on leather seats - DO NOT do this, Seat covers still allow dirt to sit between the leather of your seat and the cover you place on. When you sit on the seat the seat cover slides and therefore rolls the dirt around over the leather. I once re-trimmed a seat in a BMW when the guy put seat covers on the day he bought it and then 3 years later pulled them off to replace them realised his seat was now shredded leather.

2. DO NOT use armorall products. They have a high silicone content and silicone drys out leather and plastics etc.

As for good products to use. I suggest Ge-Wy leather dressing. This can be found at most saddlery's and i know horseland sell it. We use this on all leather work we do, i use it on my leather lounge and on saddles.

Hopefully this clears a few things up but the marks you already have will not go, BUT you can assist in preventing them from getting worse..

Oh and by the way, referring to your last post. 'Pleather' is no such thing. It is actually vinyl and if you prefer that over leather then you are delerious. 'Pleather' is a fancy word for vinyl used by trimmers who are out to rip you off! But each to their own.
    I'm not delirious I just used the PLeather term as that is what people on these forums here and overseas refer to it as. I actually mean "pin pricked" breathable genuine leather rather than say roushed, or flat panel leather and I have had this as genuine leather in a couple of my previous cars. I believe that the CU2 has a version of this for example as do a numberf of European makes. Thanks for the other useful info.

The term you want to use is is perforated. That is the leather with the 'pin pricks' as you put it.

The other that you refer to as 'roushed' is called pleated.

Makes it a bit easier if you use the correct terminology especially if your going to look at getting your seats retrimmed. Also you can buy high quality pre made lather kits and have them fitted. they are really good and are all leather unlike alot of trim that comes in standard cars as an option.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by BE.10.WU View Post
    The term you want to use is is perforated. That is the leather with the 'pin pricks' as you put it.

The other that you refer to as 'roushed' is called pleated.

Makes it a bit easier if you use the correct terminology especially if your going to look at getting your seats retrimmed. Also you can buy high quality pre made lather kits and have them fitted. they are really good and are all leather unlike alot of trim that comes in standard cars as an option.
    Thanks heaps. What would perforated kits cost for an MY06 Euro Lux do you think? The bolsters etc would be normal leather with the middle sections of both the seat base and the seat back perforated.
    Thanks again.