Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonestorm View Post
    Hey guys, I have an 06 Civic and I'm thinking of replacing the stock head unit. If I want to run a usb cable from the back of the hu, where is the best place to run it to? Not sure I can get it in the glovebox. Or do I need to use connectors at the front?
    I have an Aftermarket 2Din unit with usb cable running from the back of the HU. With mine, I routed the cable to the glovebox. Hope that helps..

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS79 View Post
    Hi Guys just wondering how hard is it to access the factory tweeter location?
    the location is empty, but its hard lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti-L
    Thanks for the heads up Cracker.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Hey guys, I have an 06 Civic and I'm thinking of replacing the stock head unit. If I want to run a usb cable from the back of the hu, where is the best place to run it to? Not sure I can get it in the glovebox. Or do I need to use connectors at the front?
    i ran my ipod cable from my HU down under the dash through to the center console. i found a lot of room to run it that way. providing you cable is long enough. mine was 5ft :P

Ok thanks for the feedback guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    there is a gap between the glove box and the headunit. plenty of space to run it through.

Cool. One other thing, are there any suggestions on where to pick up a double din fascia? JB were quoting $200 for one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    hey guys

what is stock speakers in the front and rear of the FD1.

Can you guys confirm if its 6" in the front and 6.5" in the rear

Looking at upgrading the stock speakers and the headunit.

Also, whats ur experience with the type s/type s alpine range install on the FD? Fitments without any adjustments.

Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Cool. One other thing, are there any suggestions on where to pick up a double din fascia? JB were quoting $200 for one.
    Ask JB where the double din was made from. A few months ago a Jap one was around 180 and the thai one was either 150-160.

Prices might have changed as it was last year, and i know audio places sell them for even more then 200, so its probably a good price. Saves trying to import yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    hey guys

what is stock speakers in the front and rear of the FD1.

Can you guys confirm if its 6" in the front and 6.5" in the rear

Looking at upgrading the stock speakers and the headunit.

Also, whats ur experience with the type s/type s alpine range install on the FD? Fitments without any adjustments.

Thanks
    I can confirm the fronts will fit 6.5" and most probably the rears. I currently have 6.5" and i remember another member stating he had some in the rears also.

I had mine installed, so most probably spacers were used but they don't need much adjustments or any screwing into the car body.

Im guessing your not going to amp the speakers? Type S should be fine then as anything above type R would be a waste if your not amping, but don't expect alot of improvements over the stock speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by sKy.xD View Post
    Type S should be fine then as anything above type R would be a waste if your not amping, but don't expect alot of improvements over the stock speakers.
    I'm considering changing the front speakers, so you rkn that there isn't much difference between the Type S and stock speakers?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by FDBenni View Post
    I'm considering changing the front speakers, so you rkn that there isn't much difference between the Type S and stock speakers?
    There would be a difference but probably not that noticeable. Headunit amp just doesn't give enough power to hear a big difference.

There are even cases where the actual speakers sound worse then stock because of that. I forgot who but someone here has type s speakers, not sure which member but he has a fd1 also. Hopefully he might have a better answer for you.