Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by scott1e View Post
    Mmmm this could be a problem... can anyone else confirm or deny they have this same problem?
    I have confirmed that the devices on offer Sydney Installers WILL charge iPhone 3G.

I have also been assured that having this unit installed will not effect my CD changer.

Harry from Sydney Installers will do the unit plus installation in Sydney for $200 flat (which seems fair to me).

Anyone seen better?

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Mmmm this could be a problem... can anyone else confirm or deny they have this same problem?
    i have an ipod version of xcarlink, Charges my Iphone 3g no probs. havent tried others though

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwilliam View Post
    i have an ipod version of xcarlink, Charges my Iphone 3g no probs. havent tried others though
    so does the iphone behave normally even when its plugged into the xcarlink or does it go into that 'remote device control' mode where you can't use the screen?

what happens if the iphone is attached to the xcarlink and music is playing, and then a call comes through?

does a normal bluetooth handset/visor handsfree bluetooth thing work alright even when plugged into the xcarlink?

21 questions!

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Works fine, even if it does go into that Ipod accessory screen u can just press the home button and use it as normal while the music is still playing

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    I have confirmed that the devices on offer Sydney Installers WILL charge iPhone 3G.

I have also been assured that having this unit installed will not effect my CD changer.

Harry from Sydney Installers will do the unit plus installation in Sydney for $200 flat (which seems fair to me).

Anyone seen better?
    $200.. it's not worth it.. just buy the product and install it yourself..
    it is so easy..even for a novice like me.. only 4 screws.. there is a DIY off youtube which i used.... i can't seem to find the link..

You could seriously do it in 10 minutes..

can anyone locate the link?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I remember seeing one that had a bluetooth handsfree function and had a microphone input. You had to route the microphone around the trim, but the function was there.
    hmm, are you talking about the parrot MKi9000 aaron?

anyone have any feedback on this thing?

Bought mine xcarlink off ebay no problem either

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    I just got my xcarlink from sydneyinstallers on ebay. Its all in and working apart from the fact I only get sound from the right hand side. Is this supposed to happen ?

Rob

I am also looking to buy one of these. I will be using it for my iphone 3g. I also use the phone ocasionally for satnav using the Navigon app.

My question is that if i switch the car stereo to radio mode, will the sound from any apps such as satnav, revert to the iphone's built in speaker or will all sound be blocked by that fact that it is still plugged into the Xcarlink unit?

also wondered if anyone has tried one of the Gromm Audio units which look similar to the Xcarlink system

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Sorted my problem. When I put the cupholder bit of the console back it I bumped the ipod plug off the module sligtly. Works fantastic now.

Yeah I have noticed the little bit of interference noise. Its hardly any issue even when I listen to speech podcasts through it.

Rob