Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    AYC is god....VTEC is nothing in comparison LOL

True a bombed Evo will be faster then a bombed civic.
    Goes back to the old rule in general "The better the base car, the better the end result".
    A standard Evo VS a standard EG6 hmmmm wonder what the outcome would be lol

A bombed EVO aka HKS all carbon fibre tskuba lap record beast VS the most bombed EG circuit car and you get the message.

Civics are the cheapest way to go fast. But once $$$ is no object then the civic gets left behind, not by much (I love my EG lol) but they do get left behind, albeit by cars costing more then 3 times in value though lol.

The EG civic, does a good effort in making the poor man stick it to the rich man.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ^^ so true.. but these 2 clowns makes me want to buy an EG and work it..

but lucky i know better.. to get the times these guys get.. you need 3 things ;money, patience and driving skills... I only have number 2....

So I now have an EVO... John is right. AYC is god
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    are you sure you know how fast the 'open wheelers' on slicks go?

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...7/2009.ORGP.S1

it is more the AWD cars that are the issue...

get rid of them and Benny would have been 4th outright on Sunday...
    Well aware its not just the open wheelers but group the top end all together, and look at the rules that class 3B regarding mods done if its street registered or has a cams log book in terms of aerodynamic aids, carbon parts, wheels/tyres, suspension bushes fitted, cage/intrusion bars that are fitted be it log booked or registered ect and the added competion next year, running 3B within the rules is a handicap opposed to running open and being able to do what you want as its outright you wish to compete for as the boys have said.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooker View Post
    True a bombed Evo will be faster then a bombed civic.
    Goes back to the old rule in general "The better the base car, the better the end result".
    A standard Evo VS a standard EG6 hmmmm wonder what the outcome would be lol

A bombed EVO aka HKS all carbon fibre tskuba lap record beast VS the most bombed EG circuit car and you get the message.

Civics are the cheapest way to go fast. But once $$$ is no object then the civic gets left behind, not by much (I love my EG lol) but they do get left behind, albeit by cars costing more then 3 times in value though lol.

The EG civic, does a good effort in making the poor man stick it to the rich man.
    Well said

Who knows we might build a EVO one day. We already got one in the family, just need to be modded

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    If they can beat 400kw R32 GTR's built for the track, and a GTR Supercar, then I doubt they'd be scared of evos.
    Those 400kw gtr owners must be driving blind folded....
    I love civics but the gtr is the king

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    GTR is a heavy piece of shit.

Nissans suck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    Stock gtr vs Stock Integra/civic type r... Gtr is the king of the track...
    Mod for mod and the gtr will still be ontop...
    I dont think youve been in a gtr around a track before to understand....
    Thats why they were Banned from bathurst..... Anyways thats enuff spamming...

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by damo46 View Post
    Stock gtr vs Stock Integra/civic type r... Gtr is the king of the track...
    Mod for mod and the gtr will still be ontop...
    I dont think youve been in a gtr around a track before to understand....
    Thats why they were Banned from bathurst..... Anyways thats enuff spamming...
    Obviously, and also GTR is easily more than double the price of Integra/Civic Type R.

The 400kw GTR is at wakefield ALOT, it's built for a purpose, and the GTR supercar there was no slouch driver either.

Fact is, the BYP civic is a machine on the track, the g-forces in this EG even make passengers sick, sticking to the track with it's 9" contact patches.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    In the GTR's defense...

Put things into perspective...if you spend the same amount of money you would have in trying to make a honda quick on a GTR, the GTR will demolish the Honda around the track. Also it comes down to track configuration...A 400KW car will probably be better suited to such tracks as EC as it can make use of the power down the long straight as oppose to a track like wakefield....

But this debate/topic should be for another thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    In the GTR's defense...

Put things into perspective...if you spend the same amount of money you would have in trying to make a honda quick on a GTR, the GTR will demolish the Honda around the track. Also it comes down to track configuration...A 400KW car will probably be better suited to such tracks as EC as it can make use of the power down the long straight as oppose to a track like wakefield....

But this debate/topic should be for another thread
    Very Well said mate

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    gtr is king
    only while it is not playing up
    races are won with reliable cars
    not how fast it is
    so saying that something thats is reliable and fast
    something like the byp civic in this case