Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Prelude

Cops found my car to noisy

So tonight im driving along pittwater road at around 9 with my gf and a mate, see and RBT pullover and stop get breath tested and then get ready to go when the cop comes over and tells me to rev the car to the 3k....i was like ahh what, but ok i will, so i do it then back off and he says quote " son your car is of an illegal sound level",

So he makes me wait on the side of the road while he goes over it looking through the whole car, he then finally settles to issuing me a notice saying to report to the DECC for a check.

The thing that annoys me is that he did not have the equipment to test the noise of the car, he just believed it to be loud even though we were on a main road and no i was not drivng like an idiot, he then tried to get me for not having original taillights.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Welcome to Ozhonda, Welcome to the Defect Club.

lol, Pittwater Road of all places, never ever seen a cop there before.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    Welcome to Ozhonda, Welcome to the Defect Club.

lol, Pittwater Road of all places, never ever seen a cop there before.
    lol dude, massive crackdown on the northern beaches... some jdmst guys got owned hard lol.

I was there with BURST and this highway patrol was having 2nd thoughts on pulling us both over... luckily there was traffic beeping at him so he just left it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by TONTON View Post
    lol dude, massive crackdown on the northern beaches... some jdmst guys got owned hard lol.

I was there with BURST and this highway patrol was having 2nd thoughts on pulling us both over... luckily there was traffic beeping at him so he just left it.
    Yeah bro, You realise that Manly alone has some of the worst offenders.

I know a few.

Its been about time, lol.

Palm Beach there are cops waiting there all the time now (beware)

oshi-
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    u can even get a defect letter sent to you if they think your car is too loud and you will need to goto the EPA to get it cleared.

THey apparently don't need to test you on the spot anymore
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

thats bs, he cant give a defect if he thinks its too loud can he, should show us numbers or digits to prove that it is to loud as proof like RBT's, wen ur busted drink drivin they show u how much u had, souldnt it be the same?
    powpoW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    Bad luck :S lol just make up some bs say you have a silencer at home for it :/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1
    lol douche cop

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    should move to cabramatta =P yeah should ask him for some proof and if he says " u being a smartass?" then u could jst shut up about it or full go hectic on him

P'S UR DP HOW CAN U DRINK THATT, had it just then i reckon O.P is better
    Last edited by MrJohn; 16-08-2009 at 04:17 AM.
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1_D View Post
    he cant give a defect if he thinks its too loud can he, should show us numbers or digits to prove that it is to loud as proof like RBT's
    Yes he can! The onus is not on the Police to prove you're too loud, it's on you to show you're not. Therefore there is no requirement to measure anything, including height, loudness, etc. If they "think" you're too low or too loud, then you will be required, by issuance of a notice, to take your car to an AVIS and get the notice cleared. But this will cost me time and money, you say. Yes it will but there's nothing you can do about it except make sure you now the limits of the law, your rights, and keep your car legal.

Peter

PS. Its happened to me so I have some experience with it.
    Still here. Still kickin'

damn, tough luck. avoid the big roads during prime cop hours. my brother got done in melb. on monash hwy and had a letter sent home to him, lucky it wasn't a pullover. testpipe, game over. $10000 i heard. and i was the one driving! lol.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Wow, another defect thread!

Bad luck mate.....

Can I ask, if you think your car is loud?