Page 415 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 315365405412413414415416417418425465515915 ... LastLast
Results 4,969 to 4,980 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    wat clutch and flywheel u guys using besides stock?

thinking toda 3.8kg fly with excedy clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Do u drive a lot during peak hours?

It's not fun with a light flywheel.....
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 25-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Dont see much difference going from 4.7 to 3.8.......spend money on other mods!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Trolololley
    hey guys im going USA at year's end, and i plan to come back with PARTS =D
    any advice on what to get, how to get them back? lol i have a budget of around 10k

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    10K wooow thats alot.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Alot of the stuff you'd get is quite heavy.......and expensive to post or even carry and be over the weight limit! (referring to sussy, exhaust etc...)

You're really limited to the smaller stuff which is easy to carry....like maybe....intakes, cams and the likes!

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3 & 02 EP3 CIVICS
    Hey guys, Just wondering is any one else was looking at attending this meet? I so want to meet you all.

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117864

So Far:

c1v1c
    Nepolian
    White_ep3_civic
    k0e1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R EP3
    some of us you wouldnt want to meet......no one in particular............supersteve.....LOL!!
    I like my cars like my women.....quiet at first....but SCREAMING when you open her up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    The damn dyno played up and they also measured in hp.

I got 164.5hp (Cai + catback) in 4th (speed limiter kicked in using 5th) which converted to around 123kw.

As a comparison, a Toda 2.2 stroked DC5R pulled around 184hp, a CL9 with ecu, Gruppe M, full exhaust pulled 167hp but with a lot less in the mid range than me.

We were overlapping our graphs and he only beat me because my car was running rich over 7000rpm.
    Phillip, I have since realised that overlaying our graphs like we did is not accurate. Your car revs to 8500rpm correct? My car was dynod to 7000rpm.

So when we overlayed our graphs we were comparing our power outputs at different RPM - i.e. the scales cannot be overlayed.

A k20 certainly doesn't make more torque/power than a k24 in the midrange

My car makes peak power at 6000rpm so it would be impossible for you to have more midrange torque than me.

Have a look at where my peak power and peak torque occurs on this dyno of my car:

^ this dyno was carried out by a shootout certified dyno dynamics operator

Also, the toda 2.2 DC5r made 198.2hp not 184hp
    Last edited by Chris_F; 25-08-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3 & 02 EP3 CIVICS
    Quote Originally Posted by icecrm View Post
    some of us you wouldnt want to meet......no one in particular............supersteve.....LOL!!
    Oh.. ok.. Well than the invite wont be extended to him in that case.. jokes..

I still waiting to pick mine up.. It arrived in Aust the other day its in Sydney now getting complied.. Should pick it up within a week or 2 ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Hi Chris,

welcome to "our home" lol.

i think the X axis was measuring speed on our graphs from 101 and not rpm, Y was hp. also i recall our scale was the same.

if the above is correct, what is the implication??

ps. the more i think the more we wasted $35.... it raises more questions than giving answers lolol

thanks

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    Phillip, I have since realised that overlaying our graphs like we did is not accurate. Your car revs to 8500rpm correct? My car was dynod to 7000rpm.

So when we overlayed our graphs we were comparing our power outputs at different RPM - i.e. the scales cannot be overlayed.

A k20 certainly doesn't make more torque/power than a k24 in the midrange

My car makes peak power at 6000rpm so it would be impossible for you to have more midrange torque than me.

Have a look at where my peak power and peak torque occurs on this dyno of my car:

^ this dyno was carried out by a shootout certified dyno dynamics operator

Also, the toda 2.2 DC5r made 198.2hp not 184hp
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 25-08-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ep3
    hey guys just wondering whats the stock height for an ep3? 4 fingers? and ps anyone here friends with monqiue chuong my friend told me someone just got an ep3 and just wondering if he is here. =D
    here is the rims =D
    Last edited by k0e1; 25-08-2009 at 03:28 PM.