Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Quote Originally Posted by hourpung View Post
    just thinking if its really that bad. Im sure the guys from retro solutions would of warn me not to put them in my stock headlights. However, they said that heaps of people are doing it and its fine.
    Don't worry too much about people in the states running them, they are mostly 16/17 year olds with nothing but $20 in the wallet.

Just to give you an idea here's what the typical output from reflectors with hid kits is like;

Compared with Retrofits;

This is how blinding it is for oncoming traffic, when your running hid kits on stock reflectors;

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 02 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    i friking hate people who run HID's on stock housings. think of other road users ffs.
    Yeah i know what you mean. I hate it as well. But i did mention the exact same problem to retro solutions and this is a quote of their reply.

"Hello.

No problem, that is what we are here for.
    1) You can use the H1 kits on the stock headlamps yes. The stock lamps for the Dc5 are very good optics, they do not create much glare themselves. "

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Ive got a HID kit on my stock headlights and it is quiet annoying
    the amount of times ive been high beamed at..
    trust me man, u wont enjoy driving as much at night..
    thinking when the next person is going to high beam you..
    I wanna get rid of mine.. or fix the problem..
    i havnt adjusted them yet.. so that might be the solution..
    but i rarely drive my car at night so im lucky, bcos i work at night..
    and i drive the work van.. so changing them right now isn't really a priority..

i love carpet. i love lamp.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 S15 spec R
    is your 2002 DC5 actually a type S or just the luxury model but the prefacelift? if its the 2001-2004 luxury model, why dont you get DC5 headlights with OEM HIDs? im not sure if its AUDM or JDM factory but i have them factory on my car, no aftermarket HIDs on em on my car.. 2003-2004 i thinks come in standard factory HIDs, correct me if im wrong.

heres an example for sale to see for yourself.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-D...spagenameZWDVW
    Last edited by J_Phongsavan; 27-08-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5-Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Phongsavan View Post
    is your 2002 DC5 actually a type S or just the luxury model but the prefacelift? if its the 2001-2004 luxury model, why dont you get DC5 headlights with OEM HIDs? im not sure if its AUDM or JDM factory but i have them factory on my car, no aftermarket HIDs on em on my car.. 2003-2004 i thinks come in standard factory HIDs, correct me if im wrong.

heres an example for sale to see for yourself.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-D...spagenameZWDVW
    Jason, AUDM DC5's DON'T have OEM HIDs. Your car - the guy installed aftermarket one on. Didn't you know that? You also got them redone at Autojoy because you wanted to change the whole thing, remember? That is also aftermarket, Jason.

A prefacelift model of a DC5 don't come in Type S - only 2005-06 models.

You do know that it's illegal to have HIDs in your car without projectors and washers. And Honda Australia absolutely would not compliance a DC5 with HIDs. Maybe overseas but I'm pretty sure not here in Australia.

Have you noticed some stock cars which have OEM HIDs/Xenon lights have projectors and washers? That way it wouldn't be as blinding as yours.
    Last edited by DC5-4ME; 27-08-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Black baby

Member Array
    Car:
    99 S15 spec R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-4ME View Post
    Jason, AUDM DC5's DON'T have OEM HIDs. Your car - the guy installed aftermarket one on. Didn't you know that? You also got them redone at Autojoy because you wanted to change the whole thing, remember? That is also aftermarket, Jason.

A prefacelift model of a DC5 don't come in Type S - only 2005-06 models.

You do know that it's illegal to have HIDs in your car without projectors and washers. And Honda Australia absolutely would not compliance a DC5 with HIDs. Maybe overseas but I'm pretty sure not here in Australia.

Have you noticed some stock cars which have OEM HIDs/Xenon lights have projectors and washers? That way it wouldn't be as blinding as yours.
    1. LOL whats with the harsh sentences everytime julie? as what you mentioned julie, half of it i was sure, but not sure with the factory headlights, thats why i went correct me if im wrong for what i thought, meaning im not even 100% sure myself. i already did the research right after i first post in the thread and realise that it wasnt factory.
    2. his profile has this:
    Car: Integra 02 Type S
    Trade Rating: (0)
    already knew that its the base model but i could be mistaken but i wasnt. i had to ask and make sure lol.
    Last edited by J_Phongsavan; 28-08-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CBR 1000
    Hey TypeS

can you explain how the retrofit is done and what comes in the kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Quote Originally Posted by bmybny View Post
    Hey TypeS

can you explain how the retrofit is done and what comes in the kit.
    Sure for obvious reasons I can't go into too much detail but the kit includes;

• Projectors
    • Hid Bulbs
    • Hid Ballasts
    • Angel Eyes
    • Projector bases
    • Wiring harness
    • Sealant
    • No-splice wire taps
    • Waterproof connection seals

Retrofitting accord projectors is a bit gritty and requires a bit of cutting, on the other hand bmw projectors is easier and is bolt on.

Retrofitting bmw projectors requires;

• Opening the headlights using a heat gun or oven
    • Inter-placing the low beam to the projectors , you'll still retain your high beam.
    • Applying sealant, and heating it all together
    • Letting it cool
    • Installing and wiring it all up, wiring will require splicing the OEM connections though
    • Aligning and enjoying!

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    why does everyone hang shit on ebay projectors?

i took this pix lastnight.

left is ebay projectors running 6000K HID (in a 99 prelude)
    middle is stock reflectors runnng 8000K HID (98 prelude)
    right is factory HID projectors (07 euro lux)

yes the factory projectors are better...but the ones are still very good and sooooooo much better than HID in stock reflectors.

just think...if you were driving, which one would you prefer to see coming?
    ebay projectors

factory projectors

or HID in reflectors

please dont run HID in stock reflectors.
    Hallowed Are The Ori

What's wrong with running HID in stock headlights? nothing wrong with that, it's just lights. HiD gives better wide area light and better reflect on road signs and marks and look better.
    please tell me what's wrong with HID running in stock lights

been using 8000k hid for a year never had problem with cops
    Last edited by vcreation; 30-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    8000k is illegal and too blue anyway.
    most reflectors were never mean to take the light from HID's

The thing is, for FD civics... in canada they come with HIDs. In Japan, the cmoe with HID's in NZ they also can come with HID's. Howcome not here? It's the same reflector.

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    Quote Originally Posted by vcreation View Post
    What's wrong with running HID in stock headlights? nothing wrong with that, it's just lights. HiD gives better wide area light and better reflect on road signs and marks and look better.
    please tell me what's wrong with HID running in stock lights
    IMAGE NOT QUOTED

been using 8000k hid for a year never had problem with cops
    IMAGE NOT QUOTED
    ok...have you noticed that dc2/4 tegs use a projector? HID in projector and HID in reflector are totally different storied.
    Hallowed Are The Ori