Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    I just bought a EG VTI, how much would a b series cost to install?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 / JDM ITR (soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly-Rice View Post
    I just bought a EG VTI, how much would a b series cost to install?
    Worse question ever. Depends.
    Honda Civic EG parts needed (Sydney):

APEXI WS2 (MUFFLER) OR SIMILAR - SPOON DUCKBILL (REPLICA) - EG6 CLUSTER - MUDFLAPS - XENON HID KIT (6000K)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Ok. Im only new at this mate.
    I was thinking about doing a B16a conversion. What is a rough estimate of the conversion + installation.

Van.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 / JDM ITR (soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly-Rice View Post
    Ok. Im only new at this mate.
    I was thinking about doing a B16a conversion. What is a rough estimate of the conversion + installation.

Van.

Should be around 3k-4k, it was a worse question because you didn't state what B series you wanted it all ranges

APEXI WS2 (MUFFLER) OR SIMILAR - SPOON DUCKBILL (REPLICA) - EG6 CLUSTER - MUDFLAPS - XENON HID KIT (6000K)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Back on topic. Yes I will convert it... way down the track. I'm really after a normal cal for an average of 100k's per day travel. These are the two that are in my area at the moment, but i'm sure if I wait there will be others.
    So the gli doesn't have 4 discs only fronts and drum rears? hmmmm interesting.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 / JDM ITR (soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKS51R View Post
    Back on topic. Yes I will convert it... way down the track. I'm really after a normal cal for an average of 100k's per day travel. These are the two that are in my area at the moment, but i'm sure if I wait there will be others.
    So the gli doesn't have 4 discs only fronts and drum rears? hmmmm interesting.
    Nope GLI doesn't. I was in this phaze when I was buying my car, I couldn't picked over Si, VTI, GLI. Bought a Si ever since and love it. But mine is a 1993 Si.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have a 1993 Gli Sedan

i have had it from 150kms - 300kms on the clock and never had a problem with it, it still runs as good as it did when i first got it

provided it has been looked after and serviced and fussed over

personally i didnt like the idea of the Si, the power difference wasnt that exciting and the brakes arnt that mutch different either ... i spose if you havnt driven cars like the type-r and wrx than u may be a bit more fussy ... but to me either of them arnt 'sporty' cars so meh

i still love my civic, it handles almost as good as my integra did with a front strut bar and the D15b7 is suprisingly awsome with a cold air intake kit ... but its still not a 'fast' car

my opinion is ... if you are going to do an engine swap anyway ... get the GLI and upgrade the brakes to VTIR brakes and put slotted rotors and better pads on the front when you do the conversion
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

if u are really fussy on the brakes, my mate has a slotted rear disk brake conversion for about 450.

exactly what TheSaint has said, neither are sports car, so they arn't going ne where very quick. and if ur not going to do a conversion way down, might aswell get the GLi. electric options, airbags this that.

but pick the one thats in better condition.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    noticed you said one might need the steering rack replaced. this costs alot, or if your doing it yourseld its an absolute bitch, and im a mechanic that was using a hoist. avoid having to do it
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah before you go buying a B16A just make sure you're getting a later variant as the early ones from the CRX SiR for example won't legally transplant into your newer Civic (engine must be newer than the vehicle).

So you'll need something like a B16A2 from a Gen 3 CRX, probably $2500 +/- for the full conversion and another $1k minimum for installation. If you're changing engines you may as well also change all your pumps and shit while you're at it so for a top notch job you'll surely pay $4000+.

But it's worth it to pay more. Just do it once and do it properly...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Cool thanks for the advice!
    I've had a shiteload of turbos recently, so i don't want a sports car, but all i'm really after is a car to get me from home to work and then home again with little fuss. The SI was more sought after as to me its like comparing an RS Impreza to a WRX. But, the only thing swaying me to the GLI is the minimal hassle (i.e. i don't need to muck around with rwc and unregistered vehicle permits)
    I'll keep you all updated!

Darko

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    i like Si~ as it is twin cam~ it is more stable i think?