Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R DC5

grinding noise from DC5 Type R engine????

Hi
    I have an Integra DC5 Type R (manual), only recently when i turn my car on, i let the car warm up, for the first couple of minutes the engine makes a grinding sound from the engine when i accelerate normaly,the sound is very obvious in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. after that the car runs fine.
    also the engine light tends to come on now and then, when i turn the car off and back on it goes away, iv checked all the fluids in the engine they seem to be fine. Has anyone had the same issue, please help, i cant stand driving my car with that sound

Modifications - full exhaust
    - cold air intake + pod
    - aftermarket extractors
    - aftermarket coilovers

First things first dude, take the car to a mechanic that can plug up an ecu diagnosis tool (who knows what they're called) that can read information from the ecu. That way, it will tell you why your engine light keeps coming on. Good chance that's the reason why the engine makes noises.

It can be many things so you best start there.If its been on for a while, take to the mechanics ASAP. Who knows what kind of damage your doing the longer you leave it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post
    First things first dude, take the car to a mechanic that can plug up an ecu diagnosis tool (who knows what they're called) that can read information from the ecu. That way, it will tell you why your engine light keeps coming on. Good chance that's the reason why the engine makes noises.

It can be many things so you best start there.If its been on for a while, take to the mechanics ASAP. Who knows what kind of damage your doing the longer you leave it.

alright cool,thanks for your help, i was going to do that, but i thought its best to ask maybe its happened to someone before.

Angry

hey did you find out the problem, i am having the same thing happen to mind

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Header type? It could have something to do with your lamda sensor. When did it start making the noise? Had you recently fitted any parts?

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    main crank shaft bearing....

car is stock .....how much did it cost to fix ?? car is in for service now

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    its because its a dc5 there is your problem.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post

OBD disgnostic tool

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post
    its because its a dc5 there is your problem.
    nice call =)

car all fine .. turned out that its was just running low on oil ..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by namca View Post
    car all fine .. turned out that its was just running low on oil ..
    Make sure you check oil levels every weekend first. Then every 2 weeks. Your car is consuming oil or losing oil through somewhere, so you will have to top up before it goes low.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2