Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    seriously its not worht spending more than say 250 - 300 on one of these if you want to go for a branded one.

there would be a limit as to how much 'air velocity' you can achieve and the 250 - 300 ones like the injen would have been optimised for this.

i reckon the more expensive ones your paying for are just for the materials used + the brand name factor.

i understand that something like a mugen / gruppe M made from carbon composite would be expensive but paying nearly edit : 4 figures figure for one is just. ... lol

i.e. get a turbo
    Last edited by hooyn; 04-09-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    umm jazz?
    here's my storm water intake -

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    that shit is mad nam lol

i should done that instead of paying 350 for mine -_-

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Well I bought a generic one on ebay.. paid $130 aussie dollars for it.. well let you guys know if it was worth it or not.

I mean at the end of the day, if i had deep pockets i would just mugen the hell out of the whole car, and it goes the same as convincing people with deep pockets that a generic one is just as good. Each to their own.

redmugenjazz.. that is the shitzzz.. should have painted the tubing green and chuck some mario and luigi stickers on it.. love it.. absolute gem.. thats frkn custom intake for ya..
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

I go for cheaper intake as long as there's carbon fibre cover for it.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    I've used both the injen cai/ram, the fujita, hated the loss of power down low, couldnt lead foot everywhere because i hated the cost to my hip pocket, love the noise hate the rest of the shit, with an CAI your going to be regretting it 95 percent the time when you driving not like a hoon and the other 5 percent of the time your thinking this shit is awesome. I've got back to my stock airbox with K&n filter without resonator and im loving the fuel economy, and the ability to climb small hills normally without punching it.

Next on my list to try is the Nam's Ghetto rain pipe design.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    I've used both the injen cai/ram, the fujita, hated the loss of power down low, couldnt lead foot everywhere because i hated the cost to my hip pocket, love the noise hate the rest of the shit, with an CAI your going to be regretting it 95 percent the time when you driving not like a hoon and the other 5 percent of the time your thinking this shit is awesome. I've got back to my stock airbox with K&n filter without resonator and im loving the fuel economy, and the ability to climb small hills normally without punching it.

Next on my list to try is the Nam's Ghetto rain pipe design.
    Install an Icebox and you'll have none of those problems

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    umm jazz?
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    Well I bought a generic one on ebay.. paid $130 aussie dollars for it.. well let you guys know if it was worth it or not.

I mean at the end of the day, if i had deep pockets i would just mugen the hell out of the whole car, and it goes the same as convincing people with deep pockets that a generic one is just as good. Each to their own.

redmugenjazz.. that is the shitzzz.. should have painted the tubing green and chuck some mario and luigi stickers on it.. love it.. absolute gem.. thats frkn custom intake for ya..
    now why didn;t i think of that - from my experience, the CAI (storm water pipe) kills the torque below 3000 and gives u a little more noise and pull at 4 and beyond. But ever since i got a twin loop the whole setup is running better down low. This is from my econo box experience - it might be different between models.so how is the performance with the ebay intake euro1603?, i'm consider proper modding when i save enough for a cl9.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by redmugenjazz View Post
    now why didn;t i think of that - from my experience, the CAI (storm water pipe) kills the torque below 3000 and gives u a little more noise and pull at 4 and beyond. But ever since i got a twin loop the whole setup is running better down low. This is from my econo box experience - it might be different between models.so how is the performance with the ebay intake euro1603?, i'm consider proper modding when i save enough for a cl9.
    havn't got it yet.. Off to japan next week, can't wait to got to their auto shops.. got my shopping list ready.. who knows might bring back a 5zigen exhaust system back hahha i wish..

i'll let you know on the install in a few weeks time. In my civic what i did was use a stock box with k&n filter, and have fitted a tube to the front grill, i know it was pushing allot air into the box cos the filter was getting dirty so so quickly, and i'm sure the filter can't catch everything so not quite good for the engine, as for power gains, i couldn't tell the difference, sounded nice though.. unlike my civic which is 13 years old.. i would get the euro a proper cai instead..
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------