Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast
    So did the original poster of this thread ever have his car "fixed"?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by euro2009 View Post
    Surely we can all send comments/feedback to Wheels/Motor Magazines so they can chase that up with Honda Australia with more authority or Honda will get bad press/image and that will cost them dearly - don't you think?
    They are not interested, believe me I have tried, especially considering they declared it "Car of the Year", wouldn't be good for subscriptions to say we got that one wrong....

As per my last post, everyone here wants to complain, but no one will step up....

Tell me how many of you have actually looked at the fair trading website?

Here is the link to make it easier for you...

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ic...ntType=general

Mods/Admin, please feel free to let me know if you think I am out of place with my posts, if so please delete/modify them...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chris41 View Post
    bub668, don't lose hope, the 'fix' is official and released and will be fitted/applied under warranty next time you book your car at your dealer. I'll be having my Euro serviced shortly and will be making sure its completed then.
    Can anyone confirm this is now official that Honda has admitted this is indeed the problem and a fix is available when we contact Honda Dealer ?

Don't you need a majority to make a complaint? out of how many thousands of cu2's sold have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by euro2009 View Post
    Can anyone confirm this is now official that Honda has admitted this is indeed the problem and a fix is available when we contact Honda Dealer ?
    I have heard that this is a minor problem reported on a few websites , and if u are effected there is a fix and it will be performed by your dealer. There is no damage to the engine. There is no recall and no certain vin affected , cause of the small percentage of vehicles that have this issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by H.T View Post
    They are not interested, believe me I have tried, especially considering they declared it "Car of the Year", wouldn't be good for subscriptions to say we got that one wrong....
    Wheels are interested in the issue - suggest you guys follow them up and tell them the status. They put this article on their website

http://wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/site/...late=domWheels

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Euromob View Post
    I have heard that this is a minor problem reported on a few websites , and if u are effected there is a fix and it will be performed by your dealer. There is no damage to the engine. There is no recall and no certain vin affected , cause of the small percentage of vehicles that have this issue.
    Tell me your a mechanical engineer, and that you can guarantee there is no damage to the engines due to this issue.

When I quizzed about how detrimental this problem can be, and I mean really drilled the issue, I was advised that they have no reported engine problems yet....

Put it simply, the long term effects of this problem are yet to be seen, but my guess is that there will be some...

I am NOT a mechanical engineer, but have been around cars and engines long enough to know that it can't be good...

My car has been reported since February 09 and all I get is that they don't have the fix or the parts, thats from three dealerships in Sydney.

If anyone knows of a dealership that has completed the fix in Sydney for them and it has worked, please pass their details on to me.
    Last edited by H.T; 30-09-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Wheels are interested in the issue - suggest you guys follow them up and tell them the status. They put this article on their website

http://wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/site/...late=domWheels

I didn't see that article, will make contact with them today.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Checking on the petrol without your permission is an invasion of privacy. It's up to them to link any damage to your actions. In any case, as I have said before, I doubt that a humble dealership could justify owning the very expensive single cylinder engine with thick glass top that is used for finding the octane rating of a fuel. Such things are owned by car manufacturers, oil companies and university engineering departments.
    You can tell the difference between the fuels just by looking at them, regular unleaded from memory is a purple/red colour, where as premium fuels are more yellowish.

They have access to the testing machines as they requestd to test my vehicle, I consented and they took a sample that they showed me and sent it away, the results were that it was premium petrol, they did not provide me with the octane rating. I suspect that it has more to do with the legality of it, i.e the car was filled with "98" octane by me, and has always been filled at the same petrol station. But had the results shown that it did not have a "98" octane reading, I would have a case to go to the petrol provider with a "Please Explain".

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2- pinging lemon
    I'm glad I am not the only one treated like a fool by the Honda dealers and service department. As many posters mentioned above, the service and smile was great before I hand over my cheque, as soon as I did that I was a nobody...COMPLETELY ignored by all departments in Honda..

I notify the service department when I did my 10k , 15k and 20k service regarding the Pinging, and they did absolutely nothing but swipe me off..

I have since warned every frds and relatives to stay away from all Honda vechicles..thats after driving Honda for over 20 yrs.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Std Manual
    I understand your feelings but it would appear it is important to separate Honda from the dealer in your case. The dealer has not treated you well at all. Have you called Honda Australia complaints to complain about them (and get a "call reference number" if you can). Would also suggest your write to them detailing your issues. Will carry more weight with them.

Also find another dealer to service your Honda if that is possible. Honda items are generally well engineered and built but they are not perfect so fail from time to time like anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bub668 View Post
    I'm glad I am not the only one treated like a fool by the Honda dealers and service department. As many posters mentioned above, the service and smile was great before I hand over my cheque, as soon as I did that I was a nobody...COMPLETELY ignored by all departments in Honda..

I notify the service department when I did my 10k , 15k and 20k service regarding the Pinging, and they did absolutely nothing but swipe me off..

I have since warned every frds and relatives to stay away from all Honda vechicles..thats after driving Honda for over 20 yrs.

When I contacted Honda Customer Service they took my details and called me back the next day and when I raised my concern with my dealer , they forwarded my concern to Honda HQ again and they replied again in a very short time. I know Honda employees who have and are purchasing Euro's without hestiation. If you are being treated badly by your dealer , you must let Honda Customer relations know.