Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG with B16A
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I swear that's the first piece of advice I gave you...go XForce lol

But if you're staying NA and don't want too much noise I'd go 2-2.25" as 2.5" might be a little loud for you. I've got a CRX SiR and I use a 2" 5Zigen full exhaust system which was originally loud to me (I drive an EH for my daily car with stock exhaust...) but has since begun to feel a lot nicer on the ears
    i thought 5 zigen exhaust should be quiet....it shouldn't be too loud!!!

my friend recommended me to go for the stock DC2R cat back....looks nice and not loud!!! (but hard to find)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu Secret View Post
    i thought 5 zigen exhaust should be quiet....it shouldn't be too loud!!!

my friend recommended me to go for the stock DC2R cat back....looks nice and not loud!!! (but hard to find)
    Nah it's not loud, it's quiet. But I was saying it just felt loud to me because my daily driver is an EH VTi with stock exhaust and that's quiet by comparison lol

I suggest X-Force because it's good quality, good price, and easily accessible.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    2.5" is overkill for a stock b16. You will lose what little low end power you already have. Go 2.25"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG with B16A
    finally purchased the X-force manifold & cat, plus HKS hi power, it should be 2-1/4 inch all the way.....hope can install it on monday,

let us know how it sounds with a vid !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG with B16A
    finally installed the X-force extractor 4-2-1 and cat, with the HKS hi power cat back this afternoon

the noice is very good, very quite under 4000 rpm, and getting more deep noice when the Vtec kicks in, completely satisfy on this choice.

however, don't know why the exhaust tip is 4.5 inch, but the full system is 2.25 inch. seems looks a bit funny!!!!!!

also, it sits really low, forgot to worry about this before i purchase it, so need to drive very very careful. may need to back to exhaust shop to raise up the mid muffler.

will post up some photos tomorrow.

thanks hips for all comments!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    u got pics of your setup?