Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Is there a specific reason your against nakeds? is it the head light or just the whole look?

At your height the best suggestion I can make is to go and sit on some bikes. Normally I'd recommend one of the bigger lams bikes (does SA have lams yet?) but the size of a 250 probably isn't going to bother you and I'm assuming you way next to nothing?

How mechanically minded are you? Are you planning on commuting on it or riding purely for fun? An NSR150 is a fair bit newer than the CBR250s and its light with a fairly low seat height and being 2 stroke it makes ok power. However it does need alot more maintance than a 4 stroke and it doesn't like sitting at constant revs or sitting in traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Dunno if someone has already mentioned this but i suggest against the CBR250RR's. Their turning circle is so bad apparently it can be detrimental to even passing the P's test because you won't fit between the cones!

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1000 View Post
    Dunno if someone has already mentioned this but i suggest against the CBR250RR's. Their turning circle is so bad apparently it can be detrimental to even passing the P's test because you won't fit between the cones!
    I did my P's on an RVF which has an even smaller turning circle than the CBR's and didnt touch the line.

If you know how to ride and practice enough, you can do that turning circle on any bike.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

as a cb250r owner , i totally disagree with your post. The turning circle , is the same if not similar to most other bikes of this size i have ridden - what you say - is a myth produced by a failed learner or two.

I am very agile on my cbr and have done the test with no issue. Its the RIDER not the bike.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    fine then, i stand corrected Just something i remember the guy saying when i did the test

fine then, i stand corrected Just something i remember the guy saying when i did the test

i too , stated a similar thing "...oh i heard this bike is harder to turn etc etc" to which the testing officer said "what a load of BS."

I proved i passed with flying colours - lots of back brake and clutch riding and you will be smooth and wont touch the ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    Is there a specific reason your against nakeds? is it the head light or just the whole look?

At your height the best suggestion I can make is to go and sit on some bikes. Normally I'd recommend one of the bigger lams bikes (does SA have lams yet?) but the size of a 250 probably isn't going to bother you and I'm assuming you way next to nothing?

How mechanically minded are you? Are you planning on commuting on it or riding purely for fun? An NSR150 is a fair bit newer than the CBR250s and its light with a fairly low seat height and being 2 stroke it makes ok power. However it does need alot more maintance than a 4 stroke and it doesn't like sitting at constant revs or sitting in traffic.
    It would probably be the look as it's not my style. like i said i plan to keep the bike for a while so i want to invest in both looks and style. I'll mainly be using it for commuting with maybe a few cruises in there but nothing ridiculous. I would be using it for work and therefore would be stuck in traffic etc so while an NSR150 is in my budget, it doesn't fit the other requirements. Plus I've only seen one listed in SA.

And yes we do have lams:

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transpo...ed+motorcycles
    Me5t1za= chicka

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Fair enough if your commuting on it a 2 stroke is a bad idea. For full fairing decent looking 250s you have the
    CBR250 R and RR
    ZXR250 (sometimes called the ZX2R)
    FZR250
    ZZR250
    250R (ninja the new one)
    GPX250, a bit fugly though.

They're the common ones and in reality anyone of them will do the job if you get a decent condition one. Only the ZZR,GPX and 250R have been made since 2000. If you can budget $4000 and take someone looking with you, you won't have a problem finding a good well maintained example. You can probably find one for 3k.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 civic ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    Fair enough if your commuting on it a 2 stroke is a bad idea. For full fairing decent looking 250s you have the
    CBR250 R and RR
    ZXR250 (sometimes called the ZX2R)
    FZR250
    ZZR250
    250R (ninja the new one)
    GPX250, a bit fugly though.

They're the common ones and in reality anyone of them will do the job if you get a decent condition one. Only the ZZR,GPX and 250R have been made since 2000. If you can budget $4000 and take someone looking with you, you won't have a problem finding a good well maintained example. You can probably find one for 3k.
    Cheers for that gumbs, some of the ones you've listed like the ZZR250 and the ZXR250, i've been looking into but just needed the conformation that they were ok for commuting etc. Will post when i get my ride
    Me5t1za= chicka

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    I had and recommend an XR250R Honda road/trail bike. Fun to learn on and piss easy to do the P's test on.
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I would like to suggest not using a cruiser for your test heheheeh.... the long wheelbase and bad turning circle is definitely not a good bike for taking your test LOL~
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    Quote Originally Posted by me5t1za View Post
    Cheers for that gumbs, some of the ones you've listed like the ZZR250 and the ZXR250, i've been looking into but just needed the conformation that they were ok for commuting etc. Will post when i get my ride
    work mate been into bikes for years kept telling me i'd never go wrong with the zx2r

so i m kinda interested in getting one too but i m leaning towards something newer and easier to sell later

anyway point is..if u r planning on keeping the bike and not upgrade..zx2r would be good...and now they've got some new fairings out to change the look of it and it'll look even better the new models...
    ModBox