Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CTR 07
    Quote Originally Posted by Aifa View Post
    ive also done a DIY job with aftermarket neon tubes. What you need to do is look for the slim ultra-bright neon tubes. The tube on those is as thick as a pen. theyre about $20 each. or you could go for the strips if theyre as bright

to mount tubes you can either try your luck with double-sided tape or drill it into the plastics like i did. with the rear, i found the perfect place to put the rear neons where u can still fold the seats flat down with no harm done, but i might need to get fotos to show what i did

as for wiring, i paid someone 10 bucks to wire it to the cigarette lighter with wiring hidden away

looks great when its done
    can you load some photos? interested on where you placed it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stechy View Post
    can you load some photos? interested on where you placed it.....
    I would also really dig this

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    I made a DIY in 2007, its been sometime... here is the link

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75688
    Triangular exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Ok, as requested here are photos and notes

I chose not to put rear neons behind the front seats because rear passengers tend to kick that area which means broken neon tubes.

These photos show how everything is mounted and placed, but with the finished product you wont be able to spot any wiring or tubes unless you need to fold the seats up like in the photos.

Every week my car is used as transport for drunk party-goers and ive had no problems with the neons.

As for brightness, its very good and any brighter would just be silly. Lastly, excuse the messy interior

the wiring here is hidden away when the floor mats are placed there. as you can see it comes from under the center console which you will need to take off to connect all the wiring to the cigarette lighter. there are 4 screws

i screwed the neon tube into the plastic and used gaffa for support

i made sure there was enough extra wiring so the seat could be folded up completely with no fuss

As you can see, seats folded down with no hassle

just so you know, i didnt break that side plastic to install the neons. i think that happened during 'spirited driving'

with the front 2 neons i used a combination of screws and mounting wire

with wiring i went for a simpler method and routed everything to the cigarette lighter. this means the neons come on when the key is switched to I or II

i chose to mount the neon here because any higher and it would be crushed by an opening glove box and any lower then it might get kicked
    Last edited by Aifa; 21-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.

no pics with them actually turned on??
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Aifa View Post
    Ok, as requested here are photos and notes

I chose not to put rear neons behind the front seats because rear passengers tend to kick that area which means broken neon tubes.

These photos show how everything is mounted and placed, but with the finished product you wont be able to spot any wiring or tubes unless you need to fold the seats up like in the photos.

Every week my car is used as transport for drunk party-goers and ive had no problems with the neons.

As for brightness, its very good and any brighter would just be silly. Lastly, excuse the messy interior
    This looks really good mate! I'm doing this to my FN2R myself these holidays so I'll upload pictures of what the results look like. Just a quickie; can you help me with wiring for the cig lighter? How do I go about tapping into it?

Cheers bro

Quote Originally Posted by veetek View Post
    This looks really good mate! I'm doing this to my FN2R myself these holidays so I'll upload pictures of what the results look like. Just a quickie; can you help me with wiring for the cig lighter? How do I go about tapping into it?

Cheers bro
    Shit I just realised you said before that you paid some one to do it D: I think I'm gonna have to find some one to do mine too! I suck at electronics (this kind anyway).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    lol yeah its a quick job to just wire it up. just make sure you do the time-consuming part which is getting all the wires and neons in place. no need to pay someone to do something a 12 year old can do

pics in the dark never do justice but ill probably get pics later

Member Array
    Car:
    34 Rod/ FN2R CW
    guys ...go to www.civinfo.com there is a guy on there that sells lights but you can buy the strips of leds from Jaycar and wire them up to either your courtesy light or your glove box light / parkers