Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8

whats a good clutch kit combo with flywheel for a h series....?

i'm after a new clutch kit and lighten flywheel for my h22a but i don't want it to slip as i have heard that even with a heavy duty clutch kit it still manages to slip so could anyone give me an advice of what would be best for my car...?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    Well some of the cheaper brands label their product as "heavy duty", but would feel and slip like a oem. you get what you pay for FULL STOP. If you don't like slippage, get a brass button/cushion brass button, then you appreciate slippage

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8
    how much would u reckon it will would cost to get one of them with a lighten flywheel .....?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    depends what brand you choose and what your tuner charges.
    to hard to put an exact figure. i can tell you extreme is an excellent brand, and in AU!
    Which is definitely a bonus in my opinion.
    I had a quote for l.fly & clutch kit for around 1k not including labour

shop around my friend, it doesnt hurt to enquire.

(side note: if your thinking of modifying your ride to a turbo clutch kits are more expensive

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8
    Labour doesn't worry me I just want a good response clutch kit and minimal slip anyone the could recommend

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    You can have no slip with a solid or puck clutch but they are going to be an absolute prick to drive day to day and im assuming your not going to be pumping out much additional power with that are you?

BTW extreme clutches have a pretty big fail rate of late and when you hit them up they dont want to know about you, this has happened to about 6 people i know, they all said the clutch disc shit itself and came apart, i saw 3 for myself and the springs had escaped the disc, i havnt used them myself for this reason but if your considering them, maybe ring and ask their warrenty conditions.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek h23a
    ive got a h23a in my ek i put a excedy heavy duty clutch in it has never slipped and never had any problems with it

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    You can have no slip with a solid or puck clutch but they are going to be an absolute prick to drive day to day and im assuming your not going to be pumping out much additional power with that are you?

BTW extreme clutches have a pretty big fail rate of late and when you hit them up they dont want to know about you, this has happened to about 6 people i know, they all said the clutch disc shit itself and came apart, i saw 3 for myself and the springs had escaped the disc, i havnt used them myself for this reason but if your considering them, maybe ring and ask their warrenty conditions.
    oh crap!
    ill get onto that.
    cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECY0 View Post
    ive got a h23a in my ek i put a excedy heavy duty clutch in it has never slipped and never had any problems with it

did u just used a heavy duty clutch and a standard flywheel...?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek h23a
    Quote Originally Posted by xolent View Post
    did u just used a heavy duty clutch and a standard flywheel...?
    not sure wat flywheel was in it when i bought it sorry man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8
    I'm was thinking about putting a orc racing clutch but do u guys reckon it's too extreme

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ej8
    ????????? Does anyone have this clutch as a Daly driver ???? If so how long does it last