Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 DC5-S

Thumbs up Xforce headers on DC5S

hi, i have a honda integra type s, i've read that the xforce 4-2-1 headers give decent performance at a reasonable price...of course the dream would be to get toda, but there too pricey.

would anyone know if xforce headers would be effective on the dc5s?
    the reason i ask is because i havent seen anyone put them on a K20 engine, i've heard that they maybe worse than stock headers.

ideas and comments would be much appreciated

thanx

Hey man, did you end up getting the XForce ?

Quote Originally Posted by AbzMina View Post
    hi, i have a honda integra type s, i've read that the xforce 4-2-1 headers give decent performance at a reasonable price...of course the dream would be to get toda, but there too pricey.

would anyone know if xforce headers would be effective on the dc5s?
    the reason i ask is because i havent seen anyone put them on a K20 engine, i've heard that they maybe worse than stock headers.

ideas and comments would be much appreciated

thanx
    i know a guy that has a X-Force shop down here in melb
    The brand is pretty good just doesnt have the name backing as toda/mugen etc..
    What he told me was that he'd build me a custom X-Force exhaust just as good or if not better then mugen/toda but when it came to headers he recommended me to get Toda headers as it's so hard to match them.

That's his opinion though

hope it helps

I've heard the same thing about the header.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I've heard the same thing about the header.
    TODA headers or Mugen headers juz have that name.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    personal opinion only:

catbacks I would agree - its just a straight metal pipe bended to fit the car's exhaust path underneath. If you don't worry about the weight (won't be much difference) then an xforce would be just as good as a JDM branded exhaust

headers however required much more engineering acumen, the bends, smoothness, the length, tuning, etc etc so I would go a good brand.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    headers, you get what you pay for.
    IMO dont cheap out on em
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    headers are generally known to be the part that releases the most power on N/A vehicles such as ours... you will get gains with an Xforce, but not as much as a Toda etc... its up to you to decide if the extra power you gain is worth the cash...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost** View Post
    personal opinion only:

catbacks I would agree - its just a straight metal pipe bended to fit the car's exhaust path underneath. If you don't worry about the weight (won't be much difference) then an xforce would be just as good as a JDM branded exhaust

headers however required much more engineering acumen, the bends, smoothness, the length, tuning, etc etc so I would go a good brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    headers are generally known to be the part that releases the most power on N/A vehicles such as ours... you will get gains with an Xforce, but not as much as a Toda etc... its up to you to decide if the extra power you gain is worth the cash...
    +1 to both of you

good headers need to be correctly designed. the style (4-1 or 4-2-1) of the header, the length and diameter of each pipe, and whether the piping is equal length, along with various other parameters determine how effective the header is and what it does to your engine's torque curve.

from the cat backwards though it's just a bit of piping. it's there to
    1) make the exhaust quiet
    2) make the gases come out the back of your car
    as long as it doesn't cause excessive back-pressure (the piping is wide enough and the mufflers are good) - it's fine. for an N/A 4 cylinder i've been told that 2.25" to 2.5" diameter exhaust is plenty.

actually if you go 2.5" with a free-flow cat it'll be pretty loud don't ask me how i know