Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    I know what you mean no one here wants to do it one place said they would ship it away to have it done but it would be about 2500-3000 to have the sleeves fitted!

is there anyway you can wreck the block if i send it somewhere and they dont know what they are doing?
    yea there is many ways that they could stuff it if they didn't know what they're doing, darton couldn't make it any easier for people really, all the information is downloadable from there website right down to machining tolerances and full step by step instructions.
    1993 dc2 integra 450kw@wheels
    10.08@146.57mph

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    bruce it sounds like to me u and your brother should start up a sleeve fitting service. u cnc machine it and your brother fits the sleeves. u can do one for me for promotional purposes. cheers in advance . lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ha ha i'll take a number as well!!! but thats what has me worried if i spend all this money on sleeves and internals and because someone didnt fit it right and stuffs the whole thing up

do you have any issues with boost control? i have been told my 38mm gate wont be enough and your running alot more power then i will make ?
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    ha ha i'll take a number as well!!! but thats what has me worried if i spend all this money on sleeves and internals and because someone didnt fit it right and stuffs the whole thing up

do you have any issues with boost control? i have been told my 38mm gate wont be enough and your running alot more power then i will make ?
    yea it is a big gamble, but it's only made worse over here because everybody makes out that it is so difficult that nobody will even attempt to do it.

you will probably struggle to run very low boost with only a 38mm gate, but there is so many determining factors, wastegate placement in relation to exhaust flow being the biggest, mine has a 9 psi spring in it, and it creeps to 13psi in the higher gears, but i run boost per gear anyway and i run higher than that in the gears that it creeps so it's never a issue.

what sort of manifold and turbo are you using and what sort of power are you chasing?
    Last edited by turbotegs; 19-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    10.08@146.57mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch

i wanna join the 10 sec club!

i wouldn't mind dipping into the 10's. i wonder if my gt2871r has it in it..

i'm thinking of getting some slightly bigger cams and stiffer valve springs and running about 24psi on pump fuel. i have low compression 8.6:1 so i should be safe on 98 octane.

it would be crazy to get there on such a small turbo and stock sleeves.

anyone think its doable? gotta knock off .4 sec from current setup. but i don't want to put in a cage or 4 point seat belt if i get there lol

maybe when im done, we can have a pump fuel race turboteg :P then i might have a chance

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch

going faster

i just had an idea for you!

do you have boost by gear and rpm?

if you run boost upto your traction limit in all gears then at 4th gear(or the last gear you use) 6500rpm or whatever make boost 9psi then you should be able to foot to the floor the whole way and limit 140mph and run a bit quicker time! or just hit the brakes at the end hehe

may as well use all your power for the start of the run where it makes all the differnence to your time, and just limit your mph. do you spin second or third on those slicks at full power? i can put down all my power in second on street tires on the strip and all my power in first on slicks. but mine is 125mphish car.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post
    i just had an idea for you!

do you have boost by gear and rpm?

if you run boost upto your traction limit in all gears then at 4th gear(or the last gear you use) 6500rpm or whatever make boost 9psi then you should be able to foot to the floor the whole way and limit 140mph and run a bit quicker time! or just hit the brakes at the end hehe

may as well use all your power for the start of the run where it makes all the differnence to your time, and just limit your mph. do you spin second or third on those slicks at full power? i can put down all my power in second on street tires on the strip and all my power in first on slicks. but mine is 125mphish car.
    we run boost per gear and have a speed limit set at 140mph, there is no way that the current slicks will hold full power in any of the first 3 gears, i'm running about 10psi in 1st, 15 in 2nd, and 20psi in third. this is all dependant on track conditions.

the night that i run the 10.6 the track could've taken a lot more power than i had dialled in to it but unfortunatly we run out of time for another run!

your car should be able to run tens but you'll definitely need to find some more power, in a full weight street fwd you need to be pushing very close to 130mph to have a chance of doing it. heaps of people have managed to run 10s on stock sleeves, myself included, i mean they run 9s in the states on stock sleeves and thats totally stock not posted like yours are!

good luck with your quest and i hope to see you out there again sometime.

cheers
    10.08@146.57mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotegs View Post
    yea it is a big gamble, but it's only made worse over here because everybody makes out that it is so difficult that nobody will even attempt to do it.

you will probably struggle to run very low boost with only a 38mm gate, but there is so many determining factors, wastegate placement in relation to exhaust flow being the biggest, mine has a 9 psi spring in it, and it creeps to 13psi in the higher gears, but i run boost per gear anyway and i run higher than that in the gears that it creeps so it's never a issue.

what sort of manifold and turbo are you using and what sort of power are you chasing?
    Yeah i know i'll see how i go i just dont want to have to build it twice :P

I am going to run a Garrett GT3076R anti surge front and i have a 38mm turbosmart gate but i was thinking of getting the 44mm tial gate?

my mate is going to custom make me a manifold out of steam pipe i want to try and fit it high mounted because i think it will give me the best angle for the wastgate placement.

Dont really know man i just want it to be quick and reliable if i could get near 400hp i would be over the moon and back!!! :P
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    great times bruce! what part of nz are you from? im from up north, but glad i moved. About to get my darton sleeved turbo'd engine tuned actually, should get 300kw at the wheels. looking for mid 11's, but got it setup for circuit... anyway heard lots of people talking bout ya, and alot of auzzies finding it hard to believe you did it yourself, but thats our culture isnt it its good to see someone who knows how to do their own work!!
    Isaac

p.s weve had engine sleeves fail at around 310kw at the wheels so good choice on not going over that power with out the darton sleeves. my bro in auckland has a da9 running darts at 309kw, just abou tready to get some times in. Hes a local on NZ hondas.
    Last edited by spardikis; 25-01-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis View Post
    great times bruce! what part of nz are you from? im from up north, but glad i moved. About to get my darton sleeved turbo'd engine tuned actually, should get 300kw at the wheels. looking for mid 11's, but got it setup for circuit... anyway heard lots of people talking bout ya, and alot of auzzies finding it hard to believe you did it yourself, but thats our culture isnt it its good to see someone who knows how to do their own work!!
    Isaac

p.s weve had engine sleeves fail at around 310kw at the wheels so good choice on not going over that power with out the darton sleeves. my bro in auckland has a da9 running darts at 309kw, just abou tready to get some times in. Hes a local on NZ hondas.
    hey there, haven't been on here for a while. i'm from christchurch, been watching your brothers progress, looks like it's fighting him all the way, hope he doesn't give up on it!

i got mine back to the track a few times just lately, we went down to sydney to run at the compak attack and got through to the top 4 in modified compact, then i fell asleep at the lights and got beaten on reaction time. we still managed a 10.70@138mph despite the 35 degree heat.

went out to a test and tune night on the friday of easter and run a pb of 10.65@138.5mph, should have been quicker but there was 2 massive oil downs so we only got 4 runs on a pretty slippery track.

loking forward to getting out there more often now that the temperature is dropping a bit!

cheers bruce
    10.08@146.57mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    it wouldn't be street legal in melbourne :P, our rules are way over the top. can't even have a pod filter these days without having to have an engernieers certificate.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    finally got back to the track on saturday night and got a decent amount of runs, lowered my pb to a 10.58@138.5mph. colder air is definitely helping as the car is hard on the speed limiter for the last 20-30 meters off the track!
    10.08@146.57mph