Thread: Painting wipers

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto

Painting wipers

Well over 19 years the colour on the wipers starts to fade away you all know what i mean . Im just wondering if i could use etch primer on them to paint them matt back since ive got some left over in a can. Thanks
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    yes you can
    make sure you clean them and giving them alight sand will help too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    yep, i put some blue engine enamel on mine, stands out well...although most panal beaters spray them proper in 2 pak for like $40
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Well over 19 years the colour on the wipers starts to fade away you all know what i mean . Im just wondering if i could use etch primer on them to paint them matt back since ive got some left over in a can. Thanks
    in detail, id suggest using soapy water and a scotch brite, then some light sanding, then prime it / then paint.

prepping is important, however, i know of people who didnt give a shit and just sprayed it which it turned out fine, didnt last aslong as mine, but its just small things, nothing major, and cheap to replace anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    yeah i got plenty of spare time so i wont rush it, i should have them all done by the end of tomorrow, ill post up some before and after pics and maybe write up a diy.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    in detail, id suggest using soapy water and a scotch brite, then some light sanding, then prime it / then paint.

prepping is important, however, i know of people who didnt give a shit and just sprayed it which it turned out fine, didnt last aslong as mine, but its just small things, nothing major, and cheap to replace anyway.
    Couldn't agree with you more on how important prepping is..
    Since my car is at the shop, little things like that, im going get my panel beater to do for me as my wipers are F*k'd

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    I suggest using a satin or semi gloss black, some of the flat black paints, especially the cheaper ones apperar more of a charcoal grey after hardly any time at all. And gloss just looks cheap IMO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    I put matt black on mine just to get rid of the silver... works ok but like others said after a while it starts to go charcoal (mine hasn't actually but its good stuff my dad had), which doesn't look too bad anyway but w/e. I am gonna clean them up and put on some satin when I get a chance... would be an easy job if I could get the rear wiper off, its corroded on so I have to protect the car then go for it.
    Last edited by tsg88; 29-01-2010 at 10:14 PM.
    broom broom

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    is it easy to pop the wipers off?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    is it easy to pop the wipers off?
    Yeah u just remove the cap from the bottom to reveal the bolt and undo that bolt and it should come off
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    I suggest using a satin or semi gloss black, some of the flat black paints, especially the cheaper ones apperar more of a charcoal grey after hardly any time at all. And gloss just looks cheap IMO
    well ill try the flat black i got at home first, its not one of the cheap ones i payed $15 for it, if it still turns out like crap ill just go and buy some semi gloss black.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Yeah u just remove the cap from the bottom to reveal the bolt and undo that bolt and it should come off
    I'll take a look, thanks