Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20

Vtec not kicking in

hey all i have a B16A2 in a EG, just changed the whole interior loom. All electrics and clustor work but for some reason vtec isnt kicking in? I know if vtec isnt working the engine light would flick on? but i dont see the light.

can any one help or have ideas? im guessing it might be engine loom wiring, but i didint mess around with it.
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

is the solenoid plugged in?

is the engine warm etc?

oil level appropriate?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    yeah warmed up the enigne everything looks pluged in and oil is fresh.
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    from memory the ECU checks for the following things before vtec will engage:

Engine temp
    Oil pressure
    Wheel speed above 35km/h

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    yeah had a look again no luck. any one know any place i could bring my car in brisbane for someone to check it out? I heard someone in rocklea does some hondas but not 100% sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    69' chevy
    if the interior harness is from a vti would you still need to run wires from the solinoid to the ecu?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6
    ummm might be a long shot but, clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    69' chevy
    wat does the clutch have to do with vtec engaging?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ds View Post
    from memory the ECU checks for the following things before vtec will engage:

Engine temp
    Oil pressure
    Wheel speed above 35km/h
    about the wheel speed.. if im in N, and pump the gas, i still get that vtec'y sound after 4.8k on my h22z, felt like the wheels were loosing grip too :P is that rite, or is it something else
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    about the wheel speed.. if im in N, and pump the gas, i still get that vtec'y sound after 4.8k on my h22z, felt like the wheels were loosing grip too :P is that rite, or is it something else
    Hmmm, maybe the B series engines are different, certainly doesn't engage with the b16a

did u run the extra wires to the ecu? as vti r missing some wires for a b16a wiring
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by imratedpg View Post
    yeah had a look again no luck. any one know any place i could bring my car in brisbane for someone to check it out? I heard someone in rocklea does some hondas but not 100% sure.
    ur prolly talking about triple nine automotive. they do alot of hondas. they are a trader on here, just ask for adam. think hes the branch manager, nice guy imo