Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103 ... LastLast
Results 1,105 to 1,116 of 1334
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Cleaned up the attacks. Irving, do not be rude on this forum.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    I had the post combustion problem and the the consequent fix at the last service.
    However I'm now experiencing a decrease in engine performance, surging under acceleration and rough idling especially when cold or under load.
    After a visit to the dealer and emails to Honda Australia I was told the car is working within specs, sure it is!

In frustration I had the guys at Revzone in Ringwood perform a dyno test and it doesn't look good.
    The air to fuel ratio under load (over 3600rpm) is 8.02 which is not a good thing, normally its around 14 while cruising.
    Also the Torque curve is all over the place which would explain the surging I'm experiencing.
    I've sent the results to the Ringwood Honda and Ken Sheppard at Honda Australia, I guess the balls in their court.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 09

Thumbs down

Good Luck with it Bi99les.

As posted previously my 09 Euro-Lux had pinging, had patch, pinging, had 10K service, pinging, had patch........STILL FCKUIN PINGING.

I have done the whole circuit now. HA, Dealer, Independent Tech Head, Fair Trading, Talk Back Radio, Wheels mag.

Basically, refuse that this is an issue or problem.

What with all the flack Toyota are copping, the last thing their Brand needs is a recall of the engine !

So the customer is taken for a chump. One Honda hack told me -quote..." you're been too finicky!"

TOO FINICKY......... after paying out 46K. How does that work?

Anyway.......I'm over it.

I have just listed it online for sale.

Me and my finicky attitude will just wander up to the Subaru dealership and drive the Liberty.

Something I should of done the first time.

Hasta La Vista Baby

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Euro 6MT Lexus RX 330
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro707 View Post
    Good Luck with it Bi99les.

As posted previously my 09 Euro-Lux had pinging, had patch, pinging, had 10K service, pinging, had patch........STILL FCKUIN PINGING.

I have done the whole circuit now. HA, Dealer, Independent Tech Head, Fair Trading, Talk Back Radio, Wheels mag.

Basically, refuse that this is an issue or problem.

What with all the flack Toyota are copping, the last thing their Brand needs is a recall of the engine !

So the customer is taken for a chump. One Honda hack told me -quote..." you're been too finicky!"I

TOO FINICKY......... after paying out 46K. How does that work?

Anyway.......I'm over it.

I have just listed it online for sale.

Me and my finicky attitude will just wander up to the Subaru dealership and drive the Liberty.

Something I should of done the first time.

Hasta La Vista Baby
    I've said it all along Euro707, Honda have screwed the engine in the CU2 and the customer is paying.
    There are those on this forum that vehemently support it but TOO MANY people feel ripped off and have had such a bad ownership experience that they ,like you have been driven to despair and forced to sell. What went wrong Honda ? Why treat your customers like mugs ?
    Pity as the CL9 engine was/is soo soo sweet.
    PS. The only CU2 I've driven, a friend's std auto pinged like crazy and felt gutless.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    A car is a car, a mechanical device, sometimes they can give problems.

We as consumers need to understand that there is no such thing as a perfect car, like anything else in this world, nothing is perfect.
    This is true - but surely you expect car manufacturers to genuinely fix these sorts of problems when they arise? In this case Honda has not totally solved the issue for all cars.

The patch worked for your car - but you seem to expect everyone else still with the issue to live it?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    It's odd that the fix/patch has worked on most cars and not fully on others.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    It's odd that the fix/patch has worked on most cars and not fully on others.

I also find it very strange Tony, the only conclusion I can come up with is that the update is not applied in the correct sequence.

Let's face the fact that some mechanics know what they are doing & take pride in their work while others don't know or care about what they do as long as they collect their pay cheque every week.

How many tradesman these days treat every car as though it was their own - very few I'm afraid.

It is with the utmost reluctance that I have decided to contribute again to this forum since I posted here several months ago. I hope that people with legitimate complaints will be given the chance to share their knowledge and opinions without the barrage of criticism from the [content moderated] in this forum.

With this in mind, I hope to stick to the facts and only the facts. If anyone wants to dispute these facts, they are welcome to present contradicting facts. Not the same old rhetoric of this is not a Rolls Royce etc.

• Lets start with the fact that since the PCD fix, some cars are fixed whist some others continue to experience the problem.
    • Honda Australia and the dealership that I used throughout this process have done everything to ignore this issue. Following several letters to Honda Australia, I finally received a reply (after threatening to go to Fair Trading), explaining that the car is working within specification.
    • The car has been back to the dealership three times and three letters of complaint have been written to Honda Australia. The problem remains unresolved. In the USA this car would qualify as a Lemon and under the Lemon law of the subsequent State, it would be mandatory for the manufacturer to rectify the issue.
    • Responses that I received from the dealership and from Honda Australia amount to being fogged off. The Customer Relations department of Honda Australia are pathetic. They need to listen to their customer's and act as an intermediary to resolve disputes and problems arising between it's customers and it's dealerships. Instead, Honda Australia continue to rebuff it's customers. You only need to look at the number of people complaining about the way they have been treated. If anyone doubts this, I am happy to post a scanned copy of the letter from Honda Australia on this forum.
    • The problem as described by Honda Australia and it's dealerships is "minor". However, if one listens to the mountain of complaints from Euro owners with this problem, then this problem is far from minor. It is a MAJOR problem. Many seem to have similar symptoms whist other report variations in performance etc.

My investigations have reveled that the problem is unlikely to be the engine, hardware or software component as all Euros are fitted the same. The only variable here is the installation of the software component applied during the PCD fix. My concerns about this has been ignored by Honda Australia who claim that "countermeasures" have been put in place to overcome this issue.
    Well, My PCD fix and 5000km service took the dealership 2.5 hours.

With this in mind I set out to find a dealership who was willing and able to rectify this problem. This is important as many dealerships simply deny that the problem is significant enough to warrant further investigation. Having found one such dealership, I went to the dealership and spoke with the head mechanic. He kept shaking his head as I told him the saga and then told me that the ping fix takes them ONE WHOLE DAY to perform which includes the fix being applied, idle for 2 hours. let the engine cool down. Then warm up the engine and test the car for the pinging. They have not had one car come back with this problem.

Well my car is booked in next Tuesday. Let's pray that it will finally be fixed.

Oddly enough, I went to NZ a few weeks back. rent a 2006 ford focus, and guess what? It pings like my Euro (before the fix). Strange huh?

Now I'm wondering if the "annoying noise" I heard on my Euro (before the fix) is this pinging problem or something else...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    I've taken your lead Irving and booked my car into Doncaster Honda to be looked at, fingers crossed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    It is with the utmost reluctance that I have decided to contribute again to this forum since I posted here several months ago. I hope that people with legitimate complaints will be given the chance to share their knowledge and opinions without the barrage of criticism from the [content moderated] in this forum.

With this in mind, I hope to stick to the facts and only the facts. If anyone wants to dispute these facts, they are welcome to present contradicting facts. Not the same old rhetoric of this is not a Rolls Royce etc.

• Lets start with the fact that since the PCD fix, some cars are fixed whist some others continue to experience the problem.
    • Honda Australia and the dealership that I used throughout this process have done everything to ignore this issue. Following several letters to Honda Australia, I finally received a reply (after threatening to go to Fair Trading), explaining that the car is working within specification.
    • The car has been back to the dealership three times and three letters of complaint have been written to Honda Australia. The problem remains unresolved. In the USA this car would qualify as a Lemon and under the Lemon law of the subsequent State, it would be mandatory for the manufacturer to rectify the issue.
    • Responses that I received from the dealership and from Honda Australia amount to being fogged off. The Customer Relations department of Honda Australia are pathetic. They need to listen to their customer's and act as an intermediary to resolve disputes and problems arising between it's customers and it's dealerships. Instead, Honda Australia continue to rebuff it's customers. You only need to look at the number of people complaining about the way they have been treated. If anyone doubts this, I am happy to post a scanned copy of the letter from Honda Australia on this forum.
    • The problem as described by Honda Australia and it's dealerships is "minor". However, if one listens to the mountain of complaints from Euro owners with this problem, then this problem is far from minor. It is a MAJOR problem. Many seem to have similar symptoms whist other report variations in performance etc.

My investigations have reveled that the problem is unlikely to be the engine, hardware or software component as all Euros are fitted the same. The only variable here is the installation of the software component applied during the PCD fix. My concerns about this has been ignored by Honda Australia who claim that "countermeasures" have been put in place to overcome this issue.
    Well, My PCD fix and 5000km service took the dealership 2.5 hours.

With this in mind I set out to find a dealership who was willing and able to rectify this problem. This is important as many dealerships simply deny that the problem is significant enough to warrant further investigation. Having found one such dealership, I went to the dealership and spoke with the head mechanic. He kept shaking his head as I told him the saga and then told me that the ping fix takes them ONE WHOLE DAY to perform which includes the fix being applied, idle for 2 hours. let the engine cool down. Then warm up the engine and test the car for the pinging. They have not had one car come back with this problem.

Well my car is booked in next Tuesday. Let's pray that it will finally be fixed.

Irving, let me know how you go buddy. I have a meeting with Honda again next week but as per usual I'll be told that nothing else can be done just like the last 16 months. What a joke! And I agree despite others opionions on this thread, the car is a lemon until it's fully fixed.

I'll be interested to learn outcome with your vehicle and if succesful, the actual dealer involved.

Oh and guys can we stop with the personal attacks please. Don't call me negative when you dont even know me.

I spent far too much time and money on this car and issue to also cop peoples crap on this thread.

Keep us posted Irving and welcome back!

Bilt & Bi99les,

Further to my insistence that some cars have been fixed by Honda Australia by replacing the Engine Management Computer, below is an extract from Honda Australia's reply:

"Honda Australia confirms that when the countermessure for the PCS was first applied to a small number of vehicles we found that the program may not have downloaded correctly. To ensure its effectiveness, and in an attempt to minimise the inconvenience to our customers, a new control unit was programmed and sent to the relevant dealer who replaced the control unit and sensor."

Guys, you may be well advised to forward this information to the mechanic/technician carrying out your next fix.
    Last edited by Irving; 05-03-2010 at 04:04 PM.