Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Short shifter

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Pm the price lol

Just want to know if it is a knotchy as the comptech one because i have the comptech one atm
    hmmmm.... last time you changed gearbox oil?

anyhow the mugen ss is more solid and gives it a better feel.
    You'll know when it's slotted in cause you feel it click in.
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 15-06-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Pm the price lol

Just want to know if it is a knotchy as the comptech one because i have the comptech one atm
    Comptech is notchier because the vertical shift distance is shorter.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Comptech is notchier because the vertical shift distance is shorter.
    I've heard that since the comptech is a add on it is bad for your transmission in the long run is this true? Would the mugen ss have the same effect even tho you change the whole unit?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I've heard that since the comptech is a add on it is bad for your transmission in the long run is this true? Would the mugen ss have the same effect even tho you change the whole unit?
    The quicker you shift, the more wear on your synchros. So the comptech will increase wear over stock. The mugen will also increase wear over stock, but it is not as bad as the comptech.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    I found the Mugen short shifter is very good item but the 6th gear lever positiion is very close the handbrake handle. May be I got a big hand and long finger. Now i Know why the original gear lever had a bent.
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    its next to impossible to find a nice gear knob for my euro... anyone suggest any places??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    I like the Skunk2 gear knob with grey colour. ppl said is heavier than stock and better for shifting. JDM yard selling for $90. I am interested it as well. Other option is using the DC5R, I have try but not really match with my car and the luxury trim. It may be good for sport euro.
    Accord Basic

hi raising an old post here but just installed my mugen ss today but having trouble reattaching the boot cover to the gearknob now. just doesnt want to attach for some reason did anyone else have this problem?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by stink View Post
    hi raising an old post here but just installed my mugen ss today but having trouble reattaching the boot cover to the gearknob now. just doesnt want to attach for some reason did anyone else have this problem?
    Did you break any of the clips on the boot clip?

i dont think so. when i was putting the leaver cover back over the stick i did find it difficult to get over. but i thought that was cause the stick isnt bendy anymore

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by stink View Post
    i dont think so. when i was putting the leaver cover back over the stick i did find it difficult to get over. but i thought that was cause the stick isnt bendy anymore
    Just compare your original shifter stick to the mugen one to see if the mugen is a bit thicker. If it is thicker, then you will want to use a file to widen the hole on that boot clip. Remove the clip from the boot by cutting the cable tie before you do any filing.

god this is weird but i finally managed to get it on by first screwing on the gear knob attached to the connector and then connect the cover back on. makes no sense at all why it should make a difference
    just glad to be enjoying my new shifter. freakin sweet