Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Piggyback ecu won't advance vtc hence the need for a kpro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    unless you get the v-manage. right?

Could the v-manage work with a Haltech platinum interceptor?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Couldnt find enough info in regards to E-manage + V-manage..
    I did start a thread but no one could help.
    If all the V-manage is doing is VTC and cam's should'nt be a problem with the interceptor but, you may need to do some custom wiring to the harness.
    I know greddy have a harness to run both EMU and VM ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    What kw gains are you looking at with K-Pro and 50deg VTC with I/H/E already installed?
    From discussion I've had with other members, I don't think the stock cams will surpass 140kW atw. As oongie said; the biggest gains would be in midrange torque. With the stock 25VTC Chris F was able to make gains of 30kW atw in the midrange, so with a 45VTC it'd be very interesting...

Oongie, if you're planning on running 45VTC then I'd invest in an RBC manifold
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    I am thinking of running the 06 tsx cam Exhaust Cam with K20 Intake Cam with 45 degree VTC. all on Kpro or V+E Manage (not too sure about the management side of things)
    But instead of the RBC I was thinking the RRC intake manifold...

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by oongie View Post
    I am thinking of running the 06 tsx cam Exhaust Cam with K20 Intake Cam with 45 degree VTC. all on Kpro or V+E Manage (not too sure about the management side of things)
    But instead of the RBC I was thinking the RRC intake manifold...
    From what i gather, 04 and 06 exhaust cams are the same. Only change was the intake cam. I could be wrong, but i think the tsx intake cam is better than the the ones on the k20?

Im planning to have my VTC machined to 45 degrees, but the risk of having it machined incorrectly and someone stuffing up is my major concern. Ive heard that quite a few ppl run 50 degree VTC off the k20 and they havent had any issues. Just make sure there is enough clearance. Im planning to run k-pro (once its back) and control VTC to max out at 40 degrees.

Intake cams, im planning to go 06 tsx. The 06 cams should be the same as our 06+ euros right?
    Has anyone been able to source 06 intake cams?

Running RBC would render higher power at higher rpms but would it be worth the loss of torque down low on our little honda engines...

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    From what i gather, 04 and 06 exhaust cams are the same. Only change was the intake cam. I could be wrong, but i think the tsx intake cam is better than the the ones on the k20?

Im planning to have my VTC machined to 45 degrees, but the risk of having it machined incorrectly and someone stuffing up is my major concern. Ive heard that quite a few ppl run 50 degree VTC off the k20 and they havent had any issues. Just make sure there is enough clearance. Im planning to run k-pro (once its back) and control VTC to max out at 40 degrees.

Intake cams, im planning to go 06 tsx. The 06 cams should be the same as our 06+ euros right?
    Has anyone been able to source 06 intake cams?

Running RBC would render higher power at higher rpms but would it be worth the loss of torque down low on our little honda engines...
    The TSX '06 cams are different to our Euro '06 cams. They're basically a K20A VTEC lobe with a larger primary lobe.

The RBC manifold will make more power in the low end and midrange than the RBB if you're using 45VTC.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    integral90, have you researched much when comparing 06 intake cams with aftermarket such as brian crower stage 2, buddyclub, skunk etc?
    Im leaning towards goining tsx intake cams just to be safe...

Im planning for 06 intake cams, 50VTC (tuned max to 40 degrees just to be safe), toda headers/ASP/hytech/Weapon-r, Fujitsubo exhaust and k-pro... on my auto hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    integral90, have you researched much when comparing 06 intake cams with aftermarket such as brian crower stage 2, buddyclub, skunk etc?

Im planning for 06 intake cams, 50VTC (tuned max to 40 degrees just to be safe), toda headers/ASP/hytech/Weapon-r, Fujitsubo exhaust and k-pro... on my auto hehe
    I didn't really do any proper research into cams, but I wanted to use the '06 TSX cams. Mostly because of the quality, fuel economy and smooth idle - but you'd find all of those with certain aftermarket cams. I assume you'd need to swap to the 06' TSX valvetrain to safely run the larger cam lobes as well. If you wanted a more educated opinion on cams for the K24 then you'd be better to PM some of the traders or K-builders on the forum.

What bolt ons are you planning? I might be selling a few you'd be interested in
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    I didn't really do any proper research into cams, but I wanted to use the '06 TSX cams. Mostly because of the quality, fuel economy and smooth idle - but you'd find all of those with certain aftermarket cams. I assume you'd need to swap to the 06' TSX valvetrain to safely run the larger cam lobes as well. If you wanted a more educated opinion on cams for the K24 then you'd be better to PM some of the traders or K-builders on the forum.

What bolt ons are you planning? I might be selling a few you'd be interested in
    Hmm thats a good point, i never thought about the valvetrain...havent done any research in that regards.

I was after a good quality race header, so atm Toda, Feels, Weapon-r, but most likely toda. I know you have J's, but i dont want to play around with the subframe.
    I see that you're parting out and going into a new project?

What other bolt-ons have you got?

PM me how much you want to let your TB for
    Last edited by snYpz; 13-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord CL9 (2006)

where you get K-Pro ? hondata don't offer dual K-Pro anymore Without good engine managment you won't get smooth engine work with 06 tsx cams and 45 degree VTC.
    Last edited by HondaRacer; 13-07-2010 at 04:47 AM.
    Can sell tune file with instructions for E-manage Ultimate ECU - cheap power gain for Accord CL9!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    I emailed Doug at Hondata a few months ago, it seems like they are working on something and that it should be back at the end of this year...fingers crossed!