Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by NileshP View Post
    I paid a $330 for genuine Honda rear pads plus machining of the rotors as it was damaged by the worn pads. Mind you, there was no hint of the wear and the car was braking properly. I do a visual check every week and it looked okay but one evening as I was driving on M5 freeway with the rear windows down (something which I love doing off peak hours) when I heard a mild hissing sound. Took the car to the dealers the next morning and my fears came true. Honda Australia does not want to take the liability and thus was charged the full price. Have a letter from Honda to confirm this.

I am eagerly waiting for the result f the class action against Honda in the US.

Thanks for reading my post.

Nilesh
    OMG! That's not good enough Honda!!! If there's no obvious signs from the brakes that the pads are nearing the end of it's life or that damage to the rotors is happening, then couldn't that be a safety issue??? I decided to buy another Honda because of the good experience I had with my previous Civic. Maybe should've bought a Mazda instead. Thank you anyway, I'll just have to keep an eye out for any unusual sounds from the rear. Definitely wouldn't get ripped off by the dealer by getting the same crappy pads installed. Would rather put in some better aftermarket ones myself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Honda recently released the new rear and front break pad for accord in the US, implementing them into the '10 models. Theres no actual TSB or recall yet and I don't see there ever being one as its not a safety issue. So If you have premature wear , its pretty much up to the dealer discretion. Treat them nice, suck up etc. Ive heard some not covering it, some splitting 50/50 and some fully covering it. But they are all definitely aware of the issue. But until honda aus have this new part number here, I wouldnt replace my pads with the same 'faulty' unit, unless it was free replacement. Id go aftermarket like ceramic hawk pads or bendix which have parts for 8th gen now. And break gently doesn't hurt either. I break like a granny now.
    I agree there probaby will never be any recalls on this issue by Honda, unless people start dying because of it (touch wood). The Bendix pads sound good. Where can you get the ceramic hawk pads??? Thanks

i better change the rear pad to be bendix first then.....

called autobahn and comfirmed with bendix... rear brake pad not available atm... looking around march or april

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008
    Thanks for your contributions guys. It's great to know that bendix will be releasing a good set of pads for our Accords soon. Will never use a Honda brake pad for as long as I own this car.

I previously had a Nissan Maxima (98 model) and never replaced pads before 60-70K even when the car was old. The only reason I never bought a Maxima was that I didn't like the design of the 2004 model. Wish I had waited for the 2009 model which looks as good as an Accord and has a 2.5L V6.

Quote Originally Posted by bono View Post
    OMG! That's not good enough Honda!!! If there's no obvious signs from the brakes that the pads are nearing the end of it's life or that damage to the rotors is happening, then couldn't that be a safety issue??? I decided to buy another Honda because of the good experience I had with my previous Civic. Maybe should've bought a Mazda instead. Thank you anyway, I'll just have to keep an eye out for any unusual sounds from the rear. Definitely wouldn't get ripped off by the dealer by getting the same crappy pads installed. Would rather put in some better aftermarket ones myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    where is the honda accord 09 model made? In Japan? How is it compare with Nissan Maxima ST-S. from price and built quaility.
    Accord Basic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008
    All Maximas are made in Japan. Honda Accords are made in Thailand and Accord Euros in Japan.

I owned a 1998 model Maxima before my Accord and since it was a V6, I can't draw a fair comparison with Accord VTi.

I love my Accord apart from two major flaws I posted on this forum. Maxima takes the cake for quieter cabin (that is absorbs road noise much better), and the seats are heavenly soft. My wife complaints that sitting in the Accord is like sitting on a wooden bench [She loves everything else about the Accord, though]

While slightly more expensive, the base edition of Maxima comes with a smaller v6 engine, which has been winning awards for over a decade, leather interior, trip computer, dual zone air-condition and loads of extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord Basic View Post
    where is the honda accord 09 model made? In Japan? How is it compare with Nissan Maxima ST-S. from price and built quaility.

good soul

My accord strarted squelling very loudly non-stop(whether braking or not, the whole street could hear my car aproaching), indicating that the brakes are due for replacement. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the brakes and the noise is gone. There are some metal inserts that prevent rotor damage.
    VSA excuse doesn't cut it bcs I sold my Euro(VSA) with 60k on clock and still had 60% left on all four brakes.
    Not only do they wear off quickly but the Honda brakes are squeking non stop when braking.
    Accord is nice comfortable car as long as you replace the brakes with Bendix once they wear off and if you can fix the parcel rattle yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Bump to an old thread.

Has anyone actually had experience with the 3.5L v6 version? It has the VCM which changes how many cyclinders its running on depending on the type of driving.

Planning to get the v6 one as it pumps out max 202kw compared to the pathetic 2.4L ivtec (133kw) and the euro's panzy 148kw which is not enough for a body thats quite heavy.
    mugen無限power

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2010
    Hi,

Im only new here on this forum i am about to buy the NEW Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav 2010 Model for about $50k.

All options added

Reading this threaded has actually boosted my confidence in the car by ALOT ive seen and been for a test drive and its fantastic love the car.

Come to think about it, i go for the Euro because its BEST for Price and Looks! think about it... the things i am getting in the Euro will not been seen in a Audi A4 or Lexus IS250 they ask for too much!

Budget was 50k best buy from my likings is the Euro ive seen the Mazda 6 EWW! no good! seen the Subaru Liberty MASSIVE EWWW! yuk! lol

Anyways i have a MASSIVE PROBLEM and that is the COLOUR ( i cant make my mind up ) lol HELP!!!

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee WHITE! seen the Black in it is BEAUTIFUL but i dont want to go away from WHITE! what are people perspective on colour on White or Black nothing else.

Thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    Bump to an old thread.
    Has anyone actually had experience with the 3.5L v6 version? It has the VCM which changes how many cyclinders its running on depending on the type of driving.

Planning to get the v6 one as it pumps out max 202kw compared to the pathetic 2.4L ivtec (133kw) and the euro's panzy 148kw which is not enough for a body thats quite heavy.
    You have to consider that the V6 adds around 135kg over the the base model and around 95kg more than the base Euro auto.

The vti Accord (non-euro) isn't a rocket but it's ok if you put it in S and use the paddle shifters..FWIW.