Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swaping trim's

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

swaping trim's

hey guys, me and another person from ozhonda, are thinking of swaping our interior's i have red, and he has black has anyone done this before? cause apparently getting the carpet and trim around the centre console out is a pain in the ass and needs the dash removed also if this is true, has anyone done it before?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah, it's major pain in the arse and a fairly large task. Yeah you virtually require to strip the whole interior out the remove the carpet properly. You may be able to do it without pulling the dash out, but i think it would be quicker and easier with it out. I you do proceed with the swap, best to get yourself a clip remover, as no doubt you'll snap quite a few clips. Good luck.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    sounds like fun - clip removers available at Honda I guess? is there anywhere else? I snapped like 5 clips running wires the other week - annoying as.

tried searching on s2ki for a carpet removal DIY but came up with nothing. if anyone's got any links, do share!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    ok, here's the floor carpet removal:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...#entry12597925

tbh, nothing I didn't already know..

but still no luck with centre console carpet. will keep looking

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    and this is the best I could find for the console carpet.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&#entry3198910

if it can be cut and swapped without being visible, I don't see why that should be a problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    tissue box with wheels
    go get a quote asking them to swap trims around? Just a suggestion but goodluck! =]

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    As if pay someone to do this, it's not even technically "hard" it's just time consuming
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    posting for reference for console carpet removal without dash removal

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...#entry10037943

instructions are about 2/5 of the way down.

Member Array
    Car:
    tissue box with wheels
    Get together with the person swapping the trim and I'm sure you guys should be fine.

Just follow the above links and take your time...

Asking for a quote wont hurt, but I wonder how much will they charge? lol

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    As if pay someone to do this, it's not even technically "hard" it's just time consuming
    This.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ok well it seems to be time consuming lol, the carpet doesnt seem to be that hard, rather the material around the centre console seems to be the trickiest, i dont have a problem with removing some of the dash im jsut afriad off if it gets to messy with the steering wheel, i have seen people work on steering wheels before and there is alot to consider about the way the air bag and the way the steering wheels sits

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by unluvedboi View Post
    Get together with the person swapping the trim and I'm sure you guys should be fine.
    that would be me :P

Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990
    rather the material around the centre console seems to be the trickiest, i dont have a problem with removing some of the dash im jsut afriad off if it gets to messy with the steering wheel, i have seen people work on steering wheels before and there is alot to consider about the way the air bag and the way the steering wheels sits
    yeah, need to see if there's a better alternative. i'd rather not go to the trouble of pulling the wheel and dash if we dont have to. it'll all become clearer when we start to take the interior apart.

ill do some prying and poking sometime soon to see exactly how that console carpet's held there. there's supposed to be 2 bolts under the dash that are a PITA to get too. just have to wait and see, lol