Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    im sure he would get noticed sooner or later by the mods.

on topic.

when you going to buy your man? im waiting on your decision
    Hi Burak, long time no speak.

It looks like it could be as early as August, after tax time, I will have funds. I might have to borrow a couple of grand from the bank, but no biggie.

I'm still getting some fun from my EM1, so I'm ok atm. Its amazing how much power it has, considering its a 1.6 and NA. Its also in nearly mint condition, despite having 177,000 on the clock atm. Apart from servicing it, I've never had to replace anything. If it had more torque, i'd keep it longer.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 18-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

i test drove a s15 and DC2R both stock - both back to back.
    all i can say is the DC2R owns, until you mod the s15 dur lol
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    In for a fricken awesome read. I am also looking at a DC5S and ditching the FD...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    IMO different cars suit different people. I would definitely recommend you to test drive a few of both cars and then pick. Different people have different tastes so choose what you like.

For me as a daily driver who sometimes cares about fuel cost, I reckon the DC5 suits me more.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR Lover View Post
    For me as a daily driver who sometimes cares about fuel cost, I reckon the DC5 suits me more.
    Very true. Since the car will be an urban warrior for me (Brissie traffic has sucked since about 2005,...damn southern immigrants), I can imagine that an s15 would probably average 13L/100Km+. My EM1 does 10L/100Ks, which consists of mostly gridlock (Coro Dr to the city and back and to UQ, and Oxley Rd at peak hour) so I'm a bit worried about that.

I've also noticed that the AUDM s15 interior isnt as nice as it's Silvia counterpart. I'd definitely swap the steering wheel, the AUDM one looks so cheap and crap.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Thanks for all the posts everyone. Keep 'em comin This thread is always a good read. I'm glad that almost everyone hasn't been too opinionated and overall the posts have been quiteobjective.

When I started this thread, I though everyone would burn me for mentioning the Nissan so I've been pleasantly surprised

yeah jdm wheel looks alot better, also u would swap the climate control unit and maybe add the jdm boost gauge + a pillar

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by kairi_k View Post
    yeah jdm wheel looks alot better, also u would swap the climate control unit and maybe add the jdm boost gauge + a pillar
    I agree ... and return to stock later for good resale

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    In for a fricken awesome read. I am also looking at a DC5S and ditching the FD...
    hey is there any reason your ditching the FD? and replacing it with a DC5S??

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i'm not set on it yet, and whether it happens.. it's still slim chance i suppose, but i like the DC5S: leather seats, sunroof, and more power...

oh, and the resale value of the DC5S will stay fairly level over the next few years, but FD's are going down.. fast

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Thanks for all the posts everyone. Keep 'em comin This thread is always a good read. I'm glad that almost everyone hasn't been too opinionated and overall the posts have been quiteobjective.

When I started this thread, I though everyone would burn me for mentioning the Nissan so I've been pleasantly surprised
    nissan silvia is a pos. my grandma's buick smokes it. she actually leaves the house just to go smoke s15s. go dc2r or dc5r cos it's a hondaR. and the r is for racing i don't see a silviaR, and spec r doesn't count, cos that just means that it's a spec r, it's not a TYPE R.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P so fcking bored right now :P

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i'm not set on it yet, and whether it happens.. it's still slim chance i suppose, but i like the DC5S: leather seats, sunroof, and more power...

oh, and the resale value of the DC5S will stay fairly level over the next few years, but FD's are going down.. fast
    Go the Type R IMO. Resale will be better than the type S. Depends on what you want, but I think recaros are much better than leather seats (not to mention worth more, as long as they don't get stolen) and the R has a much more aggressive look. But thats just my opinion.