Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tuanEH? View Post
    what does a torque dampener do? i read that it minimises vibrations when your foot is on the gas? anything else?
    Torque damper tries to prevent the engine from rocking when applying throttle. A side benefit is that it helps prevent the mounts from wearing as quick. Downside is that it can flex whatever you have it attached to.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    what mounts would you suggest i get? i'm just afraid of forking out the money for stock mounts and then it breaks apart again lol. tbh i won't be going track or the drags anytime soon, but i do sometimes give it a squirt on the streets; enough to break the side mount that's currently on the car.
    i cant recommend anything to you bud. If you are prepared to sacrifice quietness to ensure you have a stronger mount then go the Hasports...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    yeah, i heard oem mounts for dc5r are weak as too, i was thinking of going for the innovative 60a ones; from memory those are the street ones right? idk how much they cost though. lol
    Yeah, 60a's are for street. I got a quote from Shift Performance on the trader section with the following details for a DC5 (if you're keen, get an updated price incase its changed)

3 Piece Billet $525 in 60A RED street -$15 extra for 75A Track (Black),85A Race (Grey)
    Front mount $135 if you buy them with the engine mount kit. -$15 extra for 75A Track (Black),85A Race (Grey)

The front mount is basically the transmission mount. If you replace the three mounts, and your trans mount is still OEM then it'd cost more stress on it which will break later on too. But if i was to get Innovative mounts, I'd check ebay first as they tend to go for cheaper.

alright thanks alot guys, thanks alot guys, appreciate the help, i'll probably go to shift performance sometime this week to have a look at the prices. BTW is there any real difference between hasports and innovatives?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    what does a torque dampener do? i read that it minimises vibrations when your foot is on the gas? anything else?
    Torque damper is something like a solid engine mounts, except not as stiff and neither do too much vibration. It minimises your engine movement and create more positive feeling on shifting gears as ur engine is hardly moving.

On a good ones, you can adjust the stiffness level accordingly. Therefore, it won't vibrate as much during idling

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    alright thanks alot guys, thanks alot guys, appreciate the help, i'll probably go to shift performance sometime this week to have a look at the prices. BTW is there any real difference between hasports and innovatives?
    hasports are more commonly used for the hardcore enthusiasts, better quality etc etc but its more expensive at times.