Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

6ul rims 15x8 +36 offset EK

if i get 205/50/15 tyres for these wheels, currently i have 205/40s on 17x7 +40 i have about 2 fingers gap, the tyres are pretty much flush with the edge of the guard. rears sit a little in.
    can the 6ULs fit wihtout needing to have some crazy camber to avoid the guard hitting the wheel.

Thanks
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    check out willtheyfit and punch in the specs of wheels and tyres, should give you a better idea

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    thanks VinnY pretty much what its says to me, is that i have to stretch the tyre in order to make it fit, the rim sits out a fair bit thus needing camber to make the rim sit under the guard. is that correct?
    has anyone got these wheels without having any camber to make them fit on a "lowered" car? am i better of going 7.5 with +40 or 7 +36 for track?

Thanks
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ur gonna need camber, if it for track its not bad having camber anyways.

but if u dont want any camber go the 7.5
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yeah i know, but i couldn't be bothered getting a camber kit right now . just starting out really. car is still going to be my daily until i organise myself properly. so 7.5" compared to 7" better, assuming because potential for more grip?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    well its the extra width of the rim u can fit a wider tire on so yes u will get a bit more grip.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    they fit! you need 3mm spacer on the rear tho... really depends how low your car is. ive got 225/50/15 on mine
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    im planning on going 15x7 +36 or so.
    195/50/15 r888
    Last edited by quangsuke; 22-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Go lower ofsets, that way u get wider track..
    so would using 3mm spacers make the rears sit flush???? atm i have +38 ofsets

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Remember that lowering your offset will increase bump steer and tramlining, trust me; you don't want that when it's been pouring down. Spacers are illegal as well, it will void your insurance claim if you get caught running with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Never heard of such problems arising with running lower offsets
    yea quite well aware of legalities of spacers, heaps of people still do run spacers, its more so for the aesthetics, but more so, to run even lower offset rims, but as you say, ur own fault if ur caught with ur trousers down, running spacers

(maybe i shouldev opted for +38 front and +32 rear offsets)

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by AE092 View Post
    Remember that lowering your offset will increase bump steer and tramlining, trust me; you don't want that when it's been pouring down. Spacers are illegal as well, it will void your insurance claim if you get caught running with them.
    Lol i run 15x7 +20's and get tramlining, but its more caused by camber than low offset isnt it?
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"