Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR

DC5R Bendix Ultimate Pads with DBA 4000 Series Rotors

Hey guys just wanted to ask a quick question about these 2 being put together. Now my friend put this set up on his skyline and was getting squeeling from the brakes.. i always thought that this was just a common problem on skylines. Just wanted to know if anyone has this set up on there DC5R's and if they do squeel or not? Also how good do they work?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Its the ultimate pads.....

Just save your money and do yourself a favor and get some red/yellow stuff or ferodo 2500 if you are mainly streeting and occasional tracking.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    Im running Ultimate Pads on RDA slotted rotors on my EG Civic and they are great. They bite well when cold for street driving and handle the heat well when I'm on the track. The only thing that I could fault them on is break dust. But we all know you're a show pony and never gonna go track XP haha
    Do you have VTEC?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Pads that bite hard also squeal. Ferodo's DS2500 and Project Mu NR's all squeal too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Its the ultimate pads.....

Just save your money and do yourself a favor and get some red/yellow stuff or ferodo 2500 if you are mainly streeting and occasional tracking.
    Really? Damn.. I've already baught the bendix ultimate's a few months ago damn oh well, can't do much now lol just baught DBA's aswel. Guess I'll just have to see how they go .. Thanks 4 that tho

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by [JDM DC2] View Post
    Im running Ultimate Pads on RDA slotted rotors on my EG Civic and they are great. They bite well when cold for street driving and handle the heat well when I'm on the track. The only thing that I could fault them on is break dust. But we all know you're a show pony and never gonna go track XP haha
    What do u mean that they bite well? *noob here* lol .. This u Jeremy? Lmao! Yes my car will never see the track :P it's my everyday/street car .. gotta catch up soon

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Pads that bite hard also squeal. Ferodo's DS2500 and Project Mu NR's all squeal too.
    Just when I was trying to avoid the squeeling lol. Mm guess will c how it goes once installed. Anything I need to look out 4 once there installed? Like any common issues I'd encounter n think it's a problem? Eg: pads squeeling.

Thanks mate.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by AsHw3e View Post
    Just when I was trying to avoid the squeeling lol. Mm guess will c how it goes once installed. Anything I need to look out 4 once there installed? Like any common issues I'd encounter n think it's a problem? Eg: pads squeeling.

Thanks mate.
    Pads squealing is not really a problem. It is a characteristic of high performance pads.

To minimise squeal, make sure you have installed the anti-squeal shims that were on the stock pads. They will help a little but won't eliminate squeal. Make sure you apply anti-sieze on the backing of the pad so that it does not bind to the caliper or cylinder. It is a grease, so don't get any on the rotor or the friction surface of the pad.

Also regrease the caliper pins while you are at it.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    What do u mean that they bite well? *noob here* lol .. This u Jeremy? Lmao! Yes my car will never see the track :P it's my everyday/street car .. gotta catch up soon
    Yeh its me haha, I mean that sometimes with high performance pads when they are cold they dnt work very well and feel like they arn't gripping to the rotor well when they are cold but in my experience the Ultimates feel exactly the same as Bendix CT (which is a standard street pad) when cold
    Do you have VTEC?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by [JDM DC2] View Post
    Yeh its me haha, I mean that sometimes with high performance pads when they are cold they dnt work very well and feel like they arn't gripping to the rotor well when they are cold but in my experience the Ultimates feel exactly the same as Bendix CT (which is a standard street pad) when cold
    Yeah, pdas like DS2500 and I think EBC Yellow use more adhesion to provide braking force, so they don't work as well when cold but are fantastic when hot. Abrasion pads like the Ultimates and Project Mu NR work even when cold, but the downside is that the rotors wear out quicker.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    So does that mean the rotors I just baught are going too wear out fast now coz I have ultmiates? damn dat sucks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    So does that mean the rotors I just baught are going too wear out fast now coz I have ultmiates? damn dat sucks.
    Nope, they won't wear out that fast. Don't worry.