Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I sit and second and launch at about 5 gran. and it grips and throughs me back,
    then again i am running a turbo. launching in first was just too hard, teach yourself second.
    if your got the power that is
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post
    I sit and second and launch at about 5 gran. and it grips and throughs me back,
    then again i am running a turbo. launching in first was just too hard, teach yourself second.
    if your got the power that is
    make your 1st gear ratio longer...
    :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    make your 1st gear ratio longer...
    :P
    lol i could, but i get thrown back into my seat launching in 2nd
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK/K24
    Quote Originally Posted by redliner View Post
    I was on the drag for the 1st time on weds... running everything stock except for the muffler just for sound, and clutch wasnt sticking too well either
    I had street tyres on 17psi on front and rear (i dunno why for the rear)
    1. i launch at 5.5k for the 1st run got wheel spin and it bogged down jus below 5k 60ft 2.474
    2. 2nd run i launch at 5k less wheel spin but i bogged down below 4.5k 60ft 2.421
    3. 3rd run i launch at 4.5k and it still bogged down 60ft 2.394

Any reason why it keeps bogging down? clutch? riding too much? release clutch too early?

Im planning to get new clutch & flywheel soon and going back to try again. So any tips will be great.
    I'm no expert, but I've been down the strip a bit in my EK Civic first with a highly strung B18c then with a K24/K20 setup.

With the B18c setup I used to launch at around 7000rpm and just drop the clutch. My mate with a B16a used to launch off the limiter. With the K setup I was launching at around 6500rpm with a launch control and again just dropping the clutch.

As for the tyres if you are using street tyres I would run the fronts at around 15psi and the rears at 40psi. With the K series I was running M&H DOT tyres up front and ran them at 9psi and just standard street tyres on the rear again at a minimum of 40psi.

There are different views on "smoking" the tyres at the burn out, but the stickier the tyres street or drag the better as they will grip on the track better. With street tyres I used to start the burnout in first and try and hook 2nd as soon as possible. With the K I was dropping the clutch in 3rd to start the burnout.

Car setup plays a lot in drag racing as well, you need to make sure that you have serviced your car recently and that you use good oil etc (a clean well looked after engine is a happy engine) and don't forget to change the oil in the gearbox as well, when doing the filter don't forget the fuel filter. Then put a new set of spark plugs in (I used to wait until I was at the track so they didn't carbon up on the way to the strip, unless I took the car on the trailer). Also make sure you are using a clean good brand air filter. The more air and fuel you can get into it the better it will go.

Another good idea is to make sure that your engine mounts are not torn or broken as this helps reduce the "twist" on the engine and gearbox.

Other tricks you can do to help make your 1/4 mile time just that little bit better than other cars are:

Make sure the rear suspension is as hard as you can make it (as the more weight over the front wheels on the launch the better.... the harder the rear the less it will push down in the back when you launch).
    At the front you want to make the suspension a little softer (this depends on the track, but the theory is sound).
    You want to remove as much weight from the car and the driver as you can before your 1/4 mile run, as with our Hondas and small engines the power to weight ratio is important.
    Also if you have an EK or EG (I'm not too sure about the other models) you are better off removing the rear bumper (if within the rules). If you are not allowed to remove it you need to drill some big holes in it to reduce the drag effect it has. I improved my times by 300th of a second by drilling 5 big holes in mine.
    If you are really wanting to get the best out of your setup you can also take it in to your local wheel alignment shop and get the front and rear setup for drag racing rather than every day street driving.

This is not a complete list, but just a few tips learnt from trial and error and experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    what did you run with the K swap?
    YB0057 DC2R K20a 12.32 @ 108mph
    1.79 60ft

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK/K24
    Quote Originally Posted by YBOOST View Post
    what did you run with the K swap?
    We ran a best time of 11.66 @ 121mph and I think it has quite a bit left in it yet. it has 322hp at the wheels on the dyno.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    turbo or na? thats good power and mph
    1.79 60ft

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK/K24
    Quote Originally Posted by YBOOST View Post
    turbo or na? thats good power and mph
    NA
    No Boost No Bottle, Just Pure Throttle

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    never heard anything about this car until now... impressive man! and in an ek!
    1.79 60ft

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Impressive mph .
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    Quote Originally Posted by toy View Post
    We ran a best time of 11.66 @ 121mph and I think it has quite a bit left in it yet. it has 322hp at the wheels on the dyno.
    Are you originally from NZ? red ek hatch yer?
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK/K24
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_b_blastn View Post
    Are you originally from NZ? red ek hatch yer?
    Yep thats the one, we only moved here about 10 months ago. The car is still in NZ, it might even have a new owner now, so it could even go faster yet.