Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto

[CU2] OMG Finally Got One! With Pics.

Hello Ozhonda!

Ever since the release of the CU2 back in 2008, I wanted one. Finally last month, I ponied up the dosh, grew a pair and got one. Now that I have one, I m uber excited . I thought I'd just share a short review of my new car with the community that 'talked' me into getting one.

I got this baby purchased and delivered just before the financial year from the kids down at Larke Hoskins Homebush. It's a standard black Euro with a few factory options fitted. Ducktail, foggies, rear sensors, sports pedals, mats and tints.

I have to say I've been reading a ton about the Euro on and off these forums, and I'd say it'd be an awesome car if it lived up to half of my expectations. But for once, I was not disappointed despite an overly high expectation.

The car looks magnificent from the outside. The aggressive lines and bulging wheel archs really accentuate the sportiness of this refined motor vehicle. The engine is crisp and velvety smooth, with easy power delivery reminiscent of a V6. For best result, tap downshift, pressurise accelerator and bye bye lane-hogger. The engine note changes at 5k rpm, from capable to sporty, as does the power delivery from reserved to urgent. The sound system is a mobile nightclub for 5 above volume 12. The sound insulation is unmatched by any vehicle of this price and most probably beyond. The electric steering is telepathic. It is so good, hand over hand turning is almost unnecessary. Sure it lacks feel at first, because it's so light and smooth, but eventually you'll embrace the sublety. The ride is comfortable, with unnoticeable bodyroll in corners. Them boffins in Japan have really up the stakes in the medium car market. For the price, there is no competitor.

That's the end of my Jeremy Clarkson imitation. I'll cut to the chase for those who don't like to read multi-line paragraphs:

Its SEXY!
    Its engine is smooth and feels torquier than it is on paper
    It feels extreme solid and well made
    Its handling is telepathic
    Its sound system is 'expensive'
    Oh did I mention it's AWESOME?

Now, pics time:

Oh and any ownership hints and tips is much appreciated. Just bought 150 bux worth of wash/polish tool/products. Bargain comparing to dealer sold paint protection packages.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Congrats! Great purchase, I've had mine for a year now. Already done a few mods, a few more still to do. You will certainly enjoy this lovely car!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    congrats. now let the mods begin.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Grats! and I've just sold my CU2... missing him already

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    congrats wish I got a new CU2!! >.<

now for the ricey mods !!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Congrats! Black Euro at night FTW!

And welcome to the pain that comes with owning a black car. For washing it, throw away any sponges and chamois you have, and get microfibre everything. Many swirls/marks on the paint will happen from washing the car, it's unavoidable. Microfibre or lambswool wash glove, a couple of waffle weave microfibre drying towels, microfibre detailing cloths etc. Wash with two buckets, one with soap and one with water to rinse the mitt, wash from the top down, and use a separate washing mitt for the wheels and arches. Keep quick detailer spray bottle and a microfibre in the boot to clean up any bird mess that gets on the car, because it will mark the paint.

Next, polishing it yourself is going to be difficult and an exercise in fustration. Honda paint is notoriously soft, and easy to scratch/marr. Don't polish it every time, only polish it if it needs it. It's possible to over-clean a car. Learn the difference between paint preparation with paint cleaner and polish, and dressing with sealant and wax. If you keep the car garaged, don't park it under trees and wash it every couple of weeks, and keep a good sealant/wax on it, the paint should stay silky smooth.

A clay bar is another detailing trick for removing bonded contaminants like a paint cleaner, as a prepatory step for polish, sealant and wax. But you should not need to use one of these unless the car is parked outside a lot.

You can get it detailed once in a blue moon when it needs it to return it to its glory. The CU2 in black looks stunning when it's clean and glossy. Dr Detail in Sydney is supposed to be pretty good.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    get ur self a lip kit n lower the car too

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post

And welcome to the pain that comes with owning a black car. For washing it, throw away any sponges and chamois you have, and get microfibre everything. Many swirls/marks on the paint will happen from washing the car, it's unavoidable. Microfibre or lambswool wash glove, a couple of waffle weave microfibre drying towels, microfibre detailing cloths etc. Wash with two buckets, one with soap and one with water to rinse the mitt, wash from the top down, and use a separate washing mitt for the wheels and arches. Keep quick detailer spray bottle and a microfibre in the boot to clean up any bird mess that gets on the car, because it will mark the paint.

Next, polishing it yourself is going to be difficult and an exercise in fustration. Honda paint is notoriously soft, and easy to scratch/marr. Don't polish it every time, only polish it if it needs it. It's possible to over-clean a car. Learn the difference between paint preparation with paint cleaner and polish, and dressing with sealant and wax. If you keep the car garaged, don't park it under trees and wash it every couple of weeks, and keep a good sealant/wax on it, the paint should stay silky smooth.

A clay bar is another detailing trick for removing bonded contaminants like a paint cleaner, as a prepatory step for polish, sealant and wax. But you should not need to use one of these unless the car is parked outside a lot.

You can get it detailed once in a blue moon when it needs it to return it to its glory. The CU2 in black looks stunning when it's clean and glossy. Dr Detail in Sydney is supposed to be pretty good.

- HZ

wot he said, and i'm speaking from experience

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Paint sealant ftw! Less dust will stick to it!

Congrats on the purchace mate! Mine has just ticked over 52k kms, with not a single problem!
    Jap cars FTW!!!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by greg6510 View Post
    Hey Mike,

Congrats! Great purchase, I've had mine for a year now. Already done a few mods, a few more still to do. You will certainly enjoy this lovely car!!!
    Thanks mate, I m loving it indeed But I don't think I'll mod until after warranty period. It's a bummer they gave me 5 years of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Congratulations Mike,
    I got a standard Euro automatic ,my11,6 weeks ago in Buran Silver...with reverse sensors,Honda floor mats,and 2 silver Honda key rings.

I am loving it,have done 2300 kilometers allready.

It is my 7th brand new car,but my first Honda product,and actually first Japaneese vehicle.

It replaced my 3 and a half year old Volkswagen Jetta,which I would never have changed,but it got written off by our hailstorm...

Lets swop notes over the years...

I also love the Black,but had a dark car once,and swore NEVER AGAIN...so am a big fan of light metallics.

Anyhow,ENJOY,ENJOY,ENJOY,and CONGRATULATIONS.

IMHO, these are the best cars on the market ???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post

- HZ
    Thanks for the heads up HZ. I was planning to wash it myself fortnightly. And perhaps detail it myself too maybe 4 times a year or whenever the surface stops beading water. I bought a $50 bottle of Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Wax Sealant. I was going to used it after the first wash, but water was beading fine, so I thought I'd skip it til 3 months later, when the clear coat is worn off? I bought a bulk pack fo microfibre towels and keep one in the car with a bottle of water in case of bird poops. The car is garaged every night and I intend to keep it looking 'showroom' for many years.