Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjumbo View Post
    Ok I've got 3 simple questions:

1) I never intend on taking my car to track, I don't even plan on putting an exhaust on this car.. so is the heat-soak opera even relevant to my situation? x
    Good on you man, this first question is what im actually looking for, good thing that it least clear things up. Id say an SRI has no real issues with heatsoak (search anywhere if youve heard or seen a street driven DC5 that lost a significant amount of kW due to heatsoak LOL!!) coz people here just are being peer-pressured or brown-nosing each other
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 25-07-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    CAI = harder install, better gains, arguable hydro lock risk
    SRI = easy install, better response due to shorter piping, louder, arguable heat soak (when moving)

In regards to DC5r, the answer is simple if your performance minded and not getting it for bling/noise factor in which sri would be the way to go.....
    - Get a CAI
    - Get a SRI and buy a vented bonnet

Street driven? Get a sri for an easy install and cheaper
    Last edited by DC4Integra98; 25-07-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Also another thing to take in for consideration.. Sri... Is an open pod... Defect.. A cai, the pod is hidden and all u see is a black rubber elbow... With the design of sri for the k20.... I would never buy one.... Simply because the pod sits near the
    Firewall, right near the header... Either way, the pod will never suck up any cool air at all. However if eddie aka spoons has tracked the car eith a sri.... Maybe it could be ok... Maybe op should put up a poll for a month and see the response like tgat?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    It is if the SRI is right next to the Exhaust headers.
    NEXT to the headers YES!, from what i see in that photo of DC5 is it NEXT to the headers?? LMAO!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Well, you also have to take into account what reckless said, that in NSW it is a defect. I was in Perth when i had the SRI and its legal there. You don't want to risk getting a defect when it could have been avoided. Unless of course, you make a custom box to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    NEXT to the headers YES!, from what i see in that photo of DC5 is it NEXT to the headers?? LMAO!!!
    I don't understand what your trying to say...
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    What I was referring to was the generalization of SRI having a heat soak issue as posted by some members back in page 1.

I was only stating that flick's eg has an SRI and how SRI dont always have heat soaking issues.

But in the case of the DC5 YES it could provide problems since it located close to the exhaust manifold if you would like me to give advice for the OP.
    I was the one who reffered to heatsoak, and no it wasn't a generalization. Read it again, its specific to a DC5

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post

I don't understand what your trying to say...
    Eddy, its hard to understand how he comes to conclusions like that... this guy likes to argue for the hell of it lol
    He's got negative rep for a reason

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Lowiez, Hahahaha....you must have a literacy problem kiddo (figures why you understand any ABC & 123 i post). The person obviously doesnt want to track his car and the topic is all about SRI and where to get one, he doesnt want a CAI so where did your CAI > SRI come from mate?....so once again you're making a pointless comment where it isnt needed.

@SpoonS
    "I don't understand what your trying to say... " <------------- errrr.... good, coz i wasnt talking to you?.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 26-07-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    @Lowiez, Hahahaha....you must have a literacy problem kiddo (figures why you understand any ABC & 123 i post). The person obviously doesnt want to track his car and the topic is all about SRI and where to get one, he doesnt want a CAI so where did your CAI > SRI come from mate?....so once again you're making a pointless comment where it isnt needed.

@SpoonS
    "I don't understand what your trying to say... " <------------- errrr.... good, coz i wasnt talking to you?.
    Your responses to people make no sense.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingjumbo View Post
    As title says I wana to go out and pickup a short ram intake for my integra TODAY

JDMyard only have CAI unfortunately.. Does anyone know who stocks them??

CHeers,
    mike
    mate i went from injen megaram sri to injen cai and now back to megaram

and to tell u the truth I luv it.

my low and mid range is heaps better with the megaram, but I felt more power up top with cai. which was pretty useless anyway. driving on the street like how often are you going to hit 7k-8k?. and the throttle response was heaps better with the megaram.

as for heatsoak pffft half the blokes here acting like experts havent even used one in their bloody life

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Well use commonsense.... With the pod right at the back of the engine... Its gonna suck up hot air... Engines run better with cool air... At the end of the day, theres gonna be mixed responses on both intakes...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S

@SpoonS

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    Your responses to people make no sense.
    They really, really, don't