k24/k20 setup quads or singe throttle body?

hi im building a a k24/k20 motor for na with full head work and hi comp pistons and i was wondering wat intake setup will see better results itb's or euro r ported intake with a bigger tb?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    You should have worked that out before you let some clown port your head.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    For streetability sake, just run a good intake manifold with a correctly sized TB.

I don't mean ITBs are not streetable, it's the fact that police and everyone else will be on your ass quick smart.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Depending on application. 62mm Kinsler ITB will be a deadly combo.

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    You should have worked that out before you let some clown port your head.
    Wow i sense a bit of hostility in the house here!

Quote Originally Posted by [RSX 03] View Post
    hi im building a a k24/k20 motor for na with full head work and hi comp pistons and i was wondering wat intake setup will see better results itb's or euro r ported intake with a bigger tb?
    You need to set your goals on what you need from the car track/daily/drag etc, ks like a plenum

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    Wow i sense a bit of hostility in the house here!
    Actually, your sense are way off... The porting for a maximum effort quads setup looks nothing like what you'd use with a plenum intake.
    Size isn't everything with intakes, too big in the quads is just as bad as too big in the throttle on a plenum.
    Not only do you need increased airflow for greater power but air speed must be maintained or increased.
    Adding a toilet bowl throttle to an RBC will be a waste of time, don't go past 65mm with one of these intakes. (even if it's ported as you'll actually go backwards)
    The RRC on the other hand will show wee gains from 65mm upto 70mm, best is around 66~67mm.
    With quads, the porting & tuning go hand in hand, too big on the porting & everything turns to poo... Plenums are easier, but quads work better when done right... Street use is also no problem, just use a carbobn box & airbox.
    These parts are readily available & already proven to work & work well.
    Again re porting, go too big & when it comes time to get the thing to work in the car, turns out you won't have enough intake length available to make the thing shine. (Quads or otherwise)
    Same can be said for plenum systems where the intake length beyond the throttle will make or break the combination. (It cannot be overstated how important this part of the intake is)
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by TODA AU; 09-08-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Expanded a bit to explain position
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au