Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump dead?

Fuel Pump dead?

Hi Guys,

On a 93 vtir integra, I started the car up and it lasted about 30 mins before it turned itself off. After that the car wouldnt start(Couldnt hear the fuel pump turning on after the ignition key on) So i checked the fuses and found a blown fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

I replaced the fuse and got the engine started again....for around 10 seconds, then it switched off again. Same issue, couldnt start and the fuel pump wasn't turning on. This time the Fuses were all OK.

I can hear the Relay clicking everytime i turn the key so does that mean the Relay is ok? I did the ECUMAN DIY and it didnt help.

Would the problem then be the Fuel pump?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Does it prime then click off?

If your talking about the fuel pump, then no. It doesn't start at all(no noises)

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    Quote Originally Posted by danage View Post
    Hi Guys,

On a 93 vtir integra, I started the car up and it lasted about 30 mins before it turned itself off. After that the car wouldnt start(Couldnt hear the fuel pump turning on after the ignition key on) So i checked the fuses and found a blown fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

I replaced the fuse and got the engine started again....for around 10 seconds, then it switched off again. Same issue, couldnt start and the fuel pump wasn't turning on. This time the Fuses were all OK.

I can hear the Relay clicking everytime i turn the key so does that mean the Relay is ok? I did the ECUMAN DIY and it didnt help.

Would the problem then be the Fuel pump?

hey buddy.

happend to me a few days ago in my 07 civic.

the fuel pump is short circuiting. power on the fuel pump is jumping up and down. reason to why it blows.

as you mentioned because the engine starts but then the fuse blows again. you need either.

-new relay.
    -new fuel pump.

Thanks Samm, will order new fuel pump(any suggestions) and look for a working relay.

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    try another main relay first before u go buying a new fuel pump
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    dont even need to buy a new relay.

grab a voltage meter and put it on your fuel pump. turn on the car to reds. check the voltag.e then turn on the car.

you can also do this for the relay.

buy a denso/walbro pump...

I put in a different relay and still having the same problem, however the first time I turned the ignition on, the fuel pumped primed itself(which it never did before) and now it's not turning on again. Is it possible that something is shorting out the relays? Any advice?

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    this is how it works.

ignition ---> relay--->ecu
    ........................ --->fuel pump

so its either fuel pump or ecu..
    this was on a 07 civic. so may be diff for you..
    but my fuel pump itself was short circuiting.

like i said. use a multimeter.

Just realized that the fuse that I initially replaced that was blown was the ECU fuse. I got a feeling it's the ECU....definatley not the relay as I've tried a few different ones. Since I was thinking about replacing the ecu into future are their any suggestions?

Sorry for the NOOB questions
    Last edited by danage; 28-08-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    multimeter it...

i can probably tell you. its the fuel pump short circuiting. your wasting your time changing ecu's.