Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    My old 2 way alarm worked for like 1-2km and even had vibration alert, but i still think its still easy to steal the wheels without setting off the alarm. Locknuts + Tilt sensor is the way to go.

or weld your wheels on lol
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Quote Originally Posted by p3akin View Post
    i have a viper alarm.. as soon as there a bump on my car.. my pager goes off on my key

cheap and affective.. good for hit and runs when ur car is parked
    & you do know viper alarms are one of the easiest alarms to get around lol...

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    slam your car on airbags, rims will tuck in the guard and there is no way a jack is going to ever fit underneath
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ^ theyll probably just steal the whole car lol
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    ^ theyll probably just steal the whole car lol
    get a detachable steering wheel lol, or just keep your car in your garage.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda
    Best prevention is to have your car so low, that you cant fit a jack underneath.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    4dlulz

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    get a or all reversed studs. that way thier not loosening it .

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    & you do know viper alarms are one of the easiest alarms to get around lol...
    that's interesting aye i thought they were meant to be decent alarm systems. anymore info on what makes them easy to get around?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    every alarm is easy to get aound if the thief is an auto electrician, or has a mate that is..
    ive heard storys of where you just need to cut a wire or 2 n plug another ecu in and there goes your car.
    i once purchased a donor car with an alarm in it but no remote, i wanted to start it to see how the engine was, my mate bypassed the alarm withing a minute!!! (with blackwires)
    engine bay sirens are useless to, usualy 1 person pops the bonet and another cuts the siren, done in seconds which is nowhere near enough noise to make someone look out the window
    what you need is aloud as siren inside your car, strapped under your dash so far in that theyt cant get to it, cant remove it and cant cut the wires to it.
    that way, it would almost be imposible to sit in the car (doors closed to minimise outside noise) with an annoying loud as siren ringing rght next to your head while trying to figure out wtf or where it is

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    In 2008 Only about 7% of the cars stolen in Australia were fitted with an immobilizer... and the vast majority of car thefts aren't for profit nor planned... they are crimes of opportunity or a method to get from A to B (Joyride).

You CAN make a car "unstealable"... but... its a matter of how far you want to go... and how much time you have to spare to lock down your car and get it back running again.

I heard from a police officer that the majority of modern car thieves now break into homes and steal the keys to the car... far easier than getting around alarms/immobilizers.

What I would do if i was still into Modifying cars and had a car that meant a great deal to me...

- SMS Alarm with Seperate GPS Device (with NO warning stickers so they won't think to bring a signal jamming device)
    - 3 Point Immobilization incorporated into the Alarm
    - Minimum of two ISOLATED Kill Switches/LOCKS (Cylindrical Power Cut off switch using a key) (Fuel pump)... THESE MUST BE ISOLATED so you CANNOT get around them without finding them... ie. connect them straight to the ground of the fuel pump/Ignition.
    - Install the siren behind the Quarter Panel with custom wiring
    - Install it YOURSELF or by someone you trust. All black wiring and you MUST dismantle the entire interior to hide the Alarm Box/Unit out of reach without dismantling the entire dash.
    - Hidden Battery (Boot/Lockbox) or locked boot (need Key, like an Accord Euro)
    - Remove Tow Hooks (keep hidden in car) or install locks. (Industrial Strength) (Which in some states from memory is illegal but lets face it... if your going to these lengths... chances are you couldn't care less.)
    - If possible run the Immobilization points from the engine bay through custom looms... don't hack at the lock cylinder or use wires plainly visible under the dash.
    - Lock your keys in a safe inside the house.
    - If your car was purchased modified or it is unique/sort after... consider changing the Ignition barrel lock at the very least.
    - Locked garage/Live in a good neighborhood.
    - Never discuss/disclose the details of your alarm system to anybody.
    - Cage off the ECU&wires and/or Alarm Unit with welded cage/one way screws.
    - When selling parts online/through media hide your car and other parts from the persons eyes... or meet at a neutral meeting point.

My mates Idea:
    Install extremely high pitched Sirens inside. (The ones that cause ear bleeding if exposed to longer than a few seconds) have a switch outside the car to shutoff the internal siren's in an emergency..

My Final idea (albeit slightly over the top... not than any of these idea's aren't, lol)
    - Buy a Smaller 12V battery from JayCar and hook it up through a reverse relay that connects to the alarm and battery... when the relay looses power (from the main battery)... it instantly will sent backup power to the entire alarm system. This must be done by someone with knowledge of basic electrical circuits otherwise you will have both going at once and will fry something.

With this although they won't be able to get away with your car... most likely you would of pissed them off a great deal... so they will most likely trash/vandalize your car.

Most thieves won't stay around after the first failure to get the car started... or if they can't shut off the siren quickly. (Thus why you hide it). Unless it's in a place they are 100% sure it won't attract attention, which is almost impossible unless they have towed it somewhere.

Stealth GPS tracking i think is the best idea... Find out where it is yourself and just go "Law Abiding Citizen" on their asses... LOL.

OR ALTERNATIVELY

Get insurance and deal with the fact that if you're into cars and modifying them... they are going to attract unwanted attention.

WoW that was a long rant... haha.

Rant(Alarms) return 0;
    Last edited by Phased; 08-09-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by espionage85 View Post
    every alarm is easy to get aound if the thief is an auto electrician, or has a mate that is..
    ive heard storys of where you just need to cut a wire or 2 n plug another ecu in and there goes your car......................
    If you go by my ideas... then it doesn't matter how you bypass the ecu... your car will still be tracked and have no available fuel/ignition as the Kill Locks/Switches are completely isolated from the main electrical system. =-)
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.