Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi

CU2 Fog Lights Installed! [High Bandwidth!]

I'm not sure if anyone's posted pics of the installation of the CU2 Fog Lights, but here goes anyway. My H11 HIDs arrived in the morning, so I thought I'd go to the dealer to pick up a Fog Light set. The Fog Lights itself set me back $269.10. Took me and 2 friends about 3-4 hours to set up (at night). Pretty straightforward except for the changing of new lever (which was completely new to me).

Anyways here's what happened...

HIDs Packaging

Fog Lights Packaging

Bumper Off! - Don't Forget to Put a Blanket or Cardboard Underneath!!!

Fog Light Housing

Replace Original Bulb with HID Bulb

After Both Original Bulbs are Replaced

Fog Light Covers - Replacing the Originals

Screw in the Fog Light Housing

Hook and Tie Everything Up including Ground Wires/Ballasts etc

(The wires/connectors for the fog lights were taped together)

Now for the most annoying part (I found anyway)...installing the new Lever:
    My friends and I found it friggin hard to open the steering wheel casing for some reason...even though the instructions sounded so simple. I tried to crank it open a first times (which eventually worked) but at one stage grazed a tiny mark (with the screwdriver) on the driver side panel Ah wells...my car's been hit a dozen times already lol

I highly recommend testing the fog lights first (to see if you wired everything correctly) before you put the bumper back on.

Anyways here's the outcome:
    Last edited by Kwangstuhhh; 15-09-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    ok, you have inspired me Tony, i am now too going to save up for fog lights haha.
    reckon you can pm me where you got the Conversion kit from please

oh by the way, i emailed my honda dealer regarding fog lights and this is what the reply was:

"Good Morning Simon

Thank you for your enquiry

2009/2010 Accord Euro Fog lights are $299 for the parts and $165 for labour.

So I’m not sure how your friend got them for $269.10, it doesn’t seem quiet right to me

The Fog Lights are currently not instock but are readily available from Honda Australia and have a lead time of 24 hours"

THAT'S BULLSHIT!
    Last edited by euroRwannabe; 15-09-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    damm the CU2 foggies r much cheaper than the cl9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Pearl AT
    haha, you beat me to it!!!!! it was my idea LOL, anyway was it easy to take the bumper off? I mean those clips under the headlights good job

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Nice! That's $269 including the indicator stalk? Almost a bargain if you ask me!

Looks hot with the fogs in HIDs as well! Good work!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RD1, Euro CU2
    well done, love the blue fog light look, how high was it? 8000k?
    i also did the LED parker like you and got the same 'purple' look, love it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by euroRwannabe View Post
    ok, you have inspired me Tony, i am now too going to save up for fog lights haha.
    reckon you can pm me where you got the Conversion kit from please

oh by the way, i emailed my honda dealer regarding fog lights and this is what the reply was:

"Good Morning Simon

Thank you for your enquiry

2009/2010 Accord Euro Fog lights are $299 for the parts and $165 for labour.

So I’m not sure how your friend got them for $269.10, it doesn’t seem quiet right to me

The Fog Lights are currently not instock but are readily available from Honda Australia and have a lead time of 24 hours"

THAT'S BULLSHIT!
    Done and would have been like $130 for labour...easiest $130 I saved...apart from the lever part...bloody left a scratch on my driver side panel haha

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    damm the CU2 foggies r much cheaper than the cl9
    Oh really? How much are the CL9's foggies?

Quote Originally Posted by Meemoo View Post
    haha, you beat me to it!!!!! it was my idea LOL, anyway was it easy to take the bumper off? I mean those clips under the headlights good job
    Haha oops :P It was relatively easy I suppose...total of 20 clips (8 on top, 10 bottom) and 2 screws. Some clips are rather tough to get out so if you're as 'noob' as me, you'd damage most of the clips somehow with the screwdriver LOL. Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Nice! That's $269 including the indicator stalk? Almost a bargain if you ask me!

Looks hot with the fogs in HIDs as well! Good work!
    Yep ...it was a pretty awesome price and thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    well done, love the blue fog light look, how high was it? 8000k?
    i also did the LED parker like you and got the same 'purple' look, love it.
    Thanks man, yeah it was 8000k. I'll need to replace both my parkers as one of them only has 2/9 leds working, while the other only has 4/9 lol ...might get this next haha. I think the tingy purple is because I also have the blue high beam reflecting off the housing

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    Nice Tony! Good to see that u powered through it! The toughest part I found was doin the steering column! It is a bit tricky in there. We got similar setups now! Are you lows 8000k as well.
    I ended up installing mine 55w ones but you lose a bit of "blue" through the projector.
    Save yourself heaps of money plus u get the satisfaction of doing somethig yourself
    I bet you thinking about what your gonna do next!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    last year i bought mine for $300 sumthing

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by nesterjester View Post
    Nice Tony! Good to see that u powered through it! The toughest part I found was doin the steering column! It is a bit tricky in there. We got similar setups now! Are you lows 8000k as well.
    I ended up installing mine 55w ones but you lose a bit of "blue" through the projector.
    Save yourself heaps of money plus u get the satisfaction of doing somethig yourself
    I bet you thinking about what your gonna do next!
    Hehe thanks man! The steering column instructions were deceiving =\...me and my mates spent ages trying to figure out what that tab inside was...and how to "pry it out"...we gave up and pretty much cranked the column open lol...hence why I friggin scratched my own dash/panel lol ...Yep, they're 8000k. OoOo 55w ay, I wanna see the difference lol. Yeah the satisfaction is awesome hehe :P...I want to get the body kit installed but no dosh!...Need to rack up a job soon...being an unemployed uni student for the first time in years suck lol

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    last year i bought mine for $300 sumthing
    Ah I see...I wouldn't have a clue why it would cost so much more :S

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Pearl AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwangstuhhh View Post
    Hehe thanks man! The steering column instructions were deceiving =\...me and my mates spent ages trying to figure out what that tab inside was...and how to "pry it out"...we gave up and pretty much cranked the column open lol...hence why I friggin scratched my own dash/panel lol ...Yep, they're 8000k. OoOo 55w ay, I wanna see the difference lol. Yeah the satisfaction is awesome hehe :P...I want to get the body kit installed but no dosh!...Need to rack up a job soon...being an unemployed uni student for the first time in years suck lol

Ah I see...I wouldn't have a clue why it would cost so much more :S
    I dont have any problem with the steering column,took me 30mins to install the swtich, did you use screwdriver to undo those clips under the headlight?
    PS. I paid $299 for the foglights kit 2weeks ago , so $269 is a bargain. make sure to POST some photos ! when you have your kits on!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Meemoo; 15-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Polo GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Meemoo View Post
    I dont have any problem with the steering column,took me 30mins to install the swtich, did you use screwdriver to undo those clips under the headlight?
    PS. I paid $299 for the foglights kit 2weeks ago , so $269 is a bargain. make sure to POST some photos ! when you have your kits on!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Yeah it also took me about 30-45mins to install the light lever...but it was a hassle, the instructions weren't clear...so we pretty much did it our own method haha.

Nope didn't use a screwdriver for those clips under the bumper, just in case I was to scratch the bumper. All I did was pretty much yank the bumper off ...comes straight off.