Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I just saw a second hand XForce header for sale for $300. Yeah it's in Perth, but that's just an example mate.

Then get yourself a cat for $150-250 and a mandrel bent exhaust and I reckon you'll still have $300-400 left. You can try to squeeze in a VAFC + tune or something because they're cheaper than ECU/ECU tuning and will be sufficient.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I just saw a second hand XForce header for sale for $300. Yeah it's in Perth, but that's just an example mate.

Then get yourself a cat for $150-250 and a mandrel bent exhaust and I reckon you'll still have $300-400 left. You can try to squeeze in a VAFC + tune or something because they're cheaper than ECU/ECU tuning and will be sufficient.
    Win win situation there.... If goin for custom made mandrel bent, dont just go to a random exhaust place, go to one where they have actually had exp in honda's, and proven results, just because the shop may say its just a exhaust, thats the differance between them and a well rep shop, that can knock up a well made system, with proper welding, resonator used, an muffler than over a poorly made system that just looks good
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Still considering how to spend my cash. Maybe increase my budget to 1800, include second hand headers, but I'd have to keep a stock cat.
    I couldn't find the xforce for 300 in Perth DOUGIE, where did u find it?
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    HERE.

But that's not really a great deal. They should be $250 max, especially when you can get them HERE for $409 shipped to your door, brand spanking.

XForce are a good brand, great value for their donga.

Even if you buy them new I still think you could get your header, cat, cat-back, VAFC and tune done for $1500, but if you bump it up to $1800 you'll have no worries.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    I agree dougie, but maybe I can get a hondata cheap from a mate, the tuning options are much better than vafc IMO.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    i dont think the ecu/tune is completely necessary at this stage, its just a b16 with ihe afterall. maybe get the full system first, headers/cat/cat-back, get some quality shit yo~ makes a world of difference in both power and longevity. then later on down the track you can look into vafc/ecu/tuning!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    vafc is more so a band aid solution, so really a piggy back ecu or chip would be my pick, or if u had the money to play, a full ecu replacement, such as honda S300 or Apexi Power fc
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    I agree dougie, but maybe I can get a hondata cheap from a mate, the tuning options are much better than vafc IMO.

What Hondata and how cheap? S100, S200 or S300?

Also, what extra tuning options available in the Hondata, but not the VAFC, are you interested in?

My Hondata S300 is going to set me back about $1550 new with some extra setup equipment ($150), then I need a new wiring hardness ($220), new injectors ($50-100), new dizzy ($280) and tuning ($800) to convert from OBD0 to OBD1.
    So I'm looking at about $3000. I'm using an S300 because I'll have aftermarket cam shafts, adjustable cam gears, a port job on my intake/exhaust, 3-angle grind, re-welded combustion chambers, an ITR throttle body & intake manifold, new valves, new springs, new retainers, new cold air intake, header, cat and cat-back.

If you choose to go ECU that's fine mate, it's your car. I'm just trying to get you to think about what you're doing because I want you to get the best result for your money, and I truly believe an ECU is a waste of money if you only have an intake and cat-back. More power to be had in the header/cat. If you can get a 'cheap hondata' (chip or full ECU?) then go for it, but the purchase and tuning will surely still set you back $600-$900.

Quote Originally Posted by eeKayFouR View Post
    i dont think the ecu/tune is completely necessary at this stage, its just a b16 with ihe afterall. maybe get the full system first, headers/cat/cat-back, get some quality shit yo~ makes a world of difference in both power and longevity. then later on down the track you can look into vafc/ecu/tuning!
    Thanks for understanding my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    vafc is more so a band aid solution, so really a piggy back ecu or chip would be my pick, or if u had the money to play, a full ecu replacement, such as honda S300 or Apexi Power fc
    If the VAFC is a 'bandaid' then what's a Hondata? Robotic open heart surgery? Would you do robotic open heart surgery for a person who experiences some mild hypertension? No...lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Just a quick one, if Vafc was "robotic" lol, i think you would fine many running them, but as iev found out from various ppl here an there, from nissans to hondas, they all pretty much say the same thing, not worth the penny an save up more for a proper ecu/chip.... ofcourse whos to way that vafc is bad thing, but the tuning availability of it isnt worth it if you plan on goin bigger later on.... hence why i said band aid solution

What about the SAFC-II? might be worth looking at it as well
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I didn't say it was 'Robotic'. I said that Hondata should be considered 'Robotic open heart surgery' by comparison to the VAFC if you consider the VAFC to be a 'Bandaid'.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    my bad, no sleep deprives you from alot, hahahahaha, but yea ur rite lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC