Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

CT header Vs Dc header

i'm about to splash some dosh on a header mod, just wondering what your thoughts are on these two brands and your experience with the product. i know the toda header is pretty good but that is out of my price range.. after spending money recently to buy a injen intake to replace this piece of shit cheap ass intake i bought a year ago, i have learnt the lesson of what you pay for is what you get.. i'm hoping the header will give me some power back that is lost with the cai at low and mid range.. what is realistic expectation i should have with an aftermarket header installed.. sorry to throw an curly one but should i splash the money on a whiteline rear sway bar instead?

your input will be great thanks, i've done some search on this forum, but its like a few years old so hopefully we can get some fresh info on this mod..

cheers
    Last edited by euro1603; 22-09-2010 at 11:08 PM.
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have the copy of the DC sports header... To be honest, its not great. I have gained torque in low/mid rpm. but my overall 0-100 time would not be affected. Daily drivability is better though. I also just replaced my flex pipe for $120.
    In my opinion, wait for second hand toda/maximworks headers to come up, and get a set of those.

At this moment, I would get that whiteline RSB, as it actually worth the money!

People have a tenancy on this forum to exaggerate performance upgrades for the euro. handling is something that is worth the money imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Well the k24 is a NA setup, bolt-ons will show minimal gains. Collectively with ECU tuning is where the gains are more noticeable.

CT-E and DC-sport have shown very similar gains between the two. Very similar dyno results on some of the American equivalent (TSX) forums, so neither is better than the other in that regards.
    CT-E is stainless steel, thus more durable, whereas the DC is ceramic, which is more prone to rusting if scratched. Some automatic drivers, with CT-E, have noticed rattling whilst stationary with the air-con on. I think someone has found the issue, but i am not certain.
    The DC, and also its replica topspeed header, are prone to have slights leaking in the flex-pipe, thus normally might need replacing.

I have the topspeed header, which ran well imo, but i have always just wanted to go the real deal, so i have the maximwork header lying at home waiting for install.
    If i were you, i would either save up for a race header, or look into Weapon-R header. They are race headers with proven results. Search on forums such as tsxclub.com to hear from members who has made the purchase.
    If i hadnt gone toda or maximwork, i wouldve gone weapon-r, personally.

Hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    All very valid points! I can't wait to hear back results of the changeover from topspeed to maximwork! You've gotta keep me updated!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    You'll notice the gains of the Maxim/Toda more in the midrange, but the WeaponR or J's Racing will be seen more in the top end. As long as the header has tuned-length runners you should see a power gain everywhere.

snYpz, you're gonna see some massive midrange torque with the TSX throttle body+ported RBB, Toda header and stand alone tune
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    The real DC sports headers are prone to cracking, with not much gains. Well, at least they were back when I had my CL9.
    Search the user "baboo", he had got a set of maxim works headers, but required a little bit of modification to the flanges to fit.
    They look absolutey sweeeeet!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Comptech header is good value.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    People have a tenancy on this forum to exaggerate performance upgrades for the euro. handling is something that is worth the money imo.
    True that !

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    thanks for all the feedback.. looks like i'll have to save up for the toda header...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    I've tried DC Sports headers and it's really weak compared to something like Toda/Maximworks/J's racing.

If you want real gains, you need to spend more and get quality headers + high flow cat. That's really the only way to go.

With proper I/H/E and tuning you can easily gain 25+kw atw over stock, which totally transforms the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    snYpz, you're gonna see some massive midrange torque with the TSX throttle body+ported RBB, Toda header and stand alone tune
    Thanks Liam!
    I cant wait to get things up and running. Im trying not buy everything that i need/"want" at once as that ruins the fun with modding. Im gonna do it nice and slowly, but would still like everything up and going by this time next year

Hows your new car going? s15?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    I've tried DC Sports headers and it's really weak compared to something like Toda/Maximworks/J's racing.

If you want real gains, you need to spend more and get quality headers + high flow cat. That's really the only way to go.

With proper I/H/E and tuning you can easily gain 25+kw atw over stock, which totally transforms the car.
    thanks for your honest opinion, i was very close to getting the ct header, but like you said better save up for a proper racing header..