Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    if the end of the airbox has a pipe that goes somewhere where it can suck in "cold" air then it can be classified as cold air intake. But if its directly on then... i think its still sucking in hot air. Not really a good idea as you would do one or the other only. 2 filters = air flow restrictions.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    So yeh basically you can either:

- not use the pod.. and use a panel filter (stock or K&N Drop-In). And direct the pipe to down lower like where ur resonator used to be etc

- use the pod and not use the panel filter.

I recommend the first option as thats kinda what the icebox/mugen intakes are based on.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Just wanna put in my 2c, i've been looking at a aftermarket intake for ages. And I found a review below to be especially insightful:
    http://www.jdmlove.org/reviews/intak...sp1431-intake/

I'm personally very interested in the "Ice Box" setup, it' seems to be a the perfect compromise between SRI and CAI with less tendency to both heat transfer issues with SRI and the Water problems with CAI.

And IceBoxes seems to be pretty darn cheap compared to some of the CAI's out there (due to the fact it's just plastic), also it keeps your car looking VERY stock, good for the insurance companies... but if you want shiney engine bay then i guess CAI/SRI is still the way to go...

PS: I've found ANY aftermarket intake will give you more power due to the fact it removes the resonator.... Hell even stock intake will give more oomph if you remove the resonator.

Newcomer Array
    is long ram intake just like cold air intake? since theyre mounted in the same way both would suck in cold air

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    is long ram intake just like cold air intake? since theyre mounted in the same way both would suck in cold air
    as far as i know yeah, Long ram is just the CAI, ie: long piping going OUT of the engine bay.

Edit: Got an idea... I've heard from some Yaris forums with people putting holes in the bottom of the airbox like swiss cheese.

Anyone tried that? considering the airbox in my Euro CL9 is right againest the body work, I might put some holes in the intake pipe between the resonator and the airbox and see if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 10-10-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: added quote*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Civic Gl
    Hey all, first post right here!!

I have been looking into a short ram air intake for my 1991 Civic Gl, but all the manfacturers' notes say that their product is for the Si model only.

Can I install a short ram air intake into my Gl model, so long as it fits, or is there a reason for the 'Si only' warning?

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerChef View Post
    Hey all, first post right here!!

I have been looking into a short ram air intake for my 1991 Civic Gl, but all the manfacturers' notes say that their product is for the Si model only.

Can I install a short ram air intake into my Gl model, so long as it fits, or is there a reason for the 'Si only' warning?

Cheers!
    if your civic is dual carb not injection so you can not install cai. you should replace the filter inside the back box.

Is it legal to use cai in Melbourne, will it pass rwc ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    if your civic is dual carb not injection so you can not install cai. you should replace the filter inside the back box.

Is it legal to use cai in Melbourne, will it pass rwc ?
    As far as I know, exposed filter = defect in VIC.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Defect! It can get soaked in fuel and catch fire... :|

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Exposed oil-based filters are illegal (most of them are oil-based) but paper-based are not.

Just put it in the guard above wheel-well. That's enclosed IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic EK3
    Are Cold Air Intakes Legal In Victoria. Also how difficult are they too install/will i kill my engine installing it in my backyard?