Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 06

not comfortable at all

Used to own falcon and commodore, recently changed to 06 Honda Euro auto luxury, I have to say that Euro is not as comfortable as the Australian made big family car, actually, much worse...
    I feel the suspension is too hard.
    Additionally, I found that the auto trans jump from gear 2 to gear 3, then gear 3 to gear2 quite frequently sometimes, just want to know whether it is normal, I am a noob

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    the accord euro is meant to have slightly stiffer suspension than the standard accord. The idea is that the accord euro is slightly more nimble/better handling than the standard accord..but the trade off is comfortability.

You'll find that it handles much better than a falcon/commdore (compared to let's say a VY commodore - from experience), not sure about the new ones though.

My auto tranny doesn't jump too often, except for on hills, maybe you should get the transmission oil flushed out.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    We own an 06 Accord Euro Luxury and you are right - the suspension is very "tight", which we like. The car handles nicely, and combined with the Stability feature and Traction Control, it can be a pleasure to drive 'quickly'. It's not so much that it is uncomfortable, but more that the car is giving you feedback from the road (which is what you want).

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

the euro is damn loud to other variants in the same catergory such as tha aurion, so much for a luxury huh?
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcool View Post
    Used to own falcon and commodore, recently changed to 06 Honda Euro auto luxury, I have to say that Euro is not as comfortable as the Australian made big family car, actually, much worse...
    I feel the suspension is too hard.
    Additionally, I found that the auto trans jump from gear 2 to gear 3, then gear 3 to gear2 quite frequently sometimes, just want to know whether it is normal, I am a noob
    Ive come from a Hilux, compared to that the Euro is a Merc! without being a boat..... ( I have the same model as you)

Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    the euro is damn loud to other variants in the same catergory such as tha aurion, so much for a luxury huh?
    DYNAMAT the S#*T out of it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by david_todd85 View Post
    DYNAMAT the S#*T out of it!
    not sure what you comparing to?
    the honda accord euro (hence the euro in the name) competes with the europeans too
    it out handles the camry and aurions and in my opinion gives that compromise of handling and comfort amazingly well.
    coming from a Golf and Bmw 320i (current shape) this is not only so quiet its also so comfortable yet handles where required.
    compared to the bmw it felt slightly floaty initially.
    i think u need to get into a european car first then come to this...
    european car's suspension thumped on some rough road where as on the euro what i find amazing is u just feel it and in some case it just absorbs it so well u dont even feel it....falcadores have to be most unrefined cars, extermely soft suspension and no quality that can last a couple of years with out breaking apart inside....dont know how u can compare it to this
    size is different, engine is smaller etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    I must agree the euro has its moments esp. on parra road very hard thumps and im driving the euro standard so that has medium low profile tires (compared to a commodore).

I might get some new shocks such as bristein and that should smooth out the ride compared to the probably over run stock shocks (ive done 110k's).

I think smaller wheel base also adds to the 'stiffness'. Yeah fore sure if im taking the queen of england out for a ride i don't think she could drink a cup of tea in an euro haha...

Anyone know how much new shocks will cost from blistein?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah the Euro is a bit jiggly on rougher roads due to firmer suspension and the lower profile 17" wheels. But on good roads and motorways, it's very smooth and reasonably quiet. Handles very well, but you pay the price with a firmer ride. Think of it a bit like a 4-door Integra.

By comparison, trying to drive a Falcodore fast is like trying to run with Wellington boots on...

Tyres make a difference. The OEM 17" Bridgestone RE040 tires are renowned for being noisy and a bit harsh.

The standard Accord is a much softer ride.

- HZ

normal accord is definately on the soft side, but i prefer my ex-euro ride better.

if it's not because of the baby seat and shorter real passenger space and 96ron, i will go for euro again no doubt.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    it's a bit funny some people (and even car journalists) comment about the Euro harsh ride (and including other cars equipped with sports suspension and low profile tyres too!!).

why not look it this way:

want a soft ride, go for 55+ profile tyres (the standard CL9 comes with 205/55R16), run on 32psi; and avoid <50 profile tyres. simple as that

also avoid tyres with stiff wall (2 layers or more) too. RE040 has 2 layers of ply or something, hence harsher ride; and the thread is meant of performance hence a bit noisy. Conti Sports Contact 2 only has 1 wall layer.

and if you want quiet ride, go for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (but beware the wall is quite thick too!)
    Last edited by natnat; 05-11-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 06
    thanks for reply guys, how about the trans issue?