Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Don't take it personally man, generally speaking, P platers of the ignorant masses are careless and have no mechanical sympathy. It's great you are but the vast majority aren't so caring as you.

Personally for me as someone looking for a S2000, it isn't too bad though the colour I want is like everyone else so they're harder to come by for the 'right' price.
    i wont im guessing you want a white one?

Further to my earlier point, I think the price is dropping because people are desperate to sell. If the seller isn't in a rush (ie. me selling my S2000 at the moment), then the prices would stay up.

I'm not rushed, and I'm more than happy to keep it in storage. Thats why I don't do the daily PRICE DROPPED!!! post.

unless you buy something like NSX that can hold the value well, otherwise the value of the car is getting less each year....

i remember looking for a 95 silver NSX 4 years ago for 75K, now they are still sell similar price.

But cheaper s2k means more people can enjoy the VTEC...

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    good. the more the price drop ,i will buy another one to average out from the first one and that is provided it has better be good condition.Honestly!Good condition ones are holding to their price where the rest are falling due to desperation and perhaps failing conditions.Guess,end of day on buyers might end up spending more on the cheaper ones when it catches up with repairs.Driving the s2000 is giving me the smiles most time.Best of both world .Top up or top down.

Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    i wont im guessing you want a white one?
    White or Yellow =)

Though I don't mind the Silver so I'm not "too" bad I guess...

I think there was a White S2K for sale 1-2wks ago in Sydney, I think it was a member's old car, disappeared in 3 days LOL =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    fark, i wonder howmuch a white ap2 would be worth....not cheap im guessing, and i recon you could find a good nick silver one for cheap, plenty of silver ones goin round.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    here we go again.

please recognize not all p platers buy them and **** them up, some of us worked hard to get them and look after them, i bought mine with hail damage (only reason i could really afford one) and have fixed half of it already, imo im restoring the car, and for any future buyers they wont have to go through the same stress. i change my oil every 5000 km's, diff, trans, and brake fluid every 10,000. when i bought the car it had no space saver, and a cracked tail light on the boot, so far i have bought the space saver, replaced the light, and have plenty more work to do. i switched my interior with euromandeluxe at the start of this year who is also a p plater (or was at the time) and i can vouch that he is also someone who respects and cares for his s.

anyway, just have to say also that yeah people will pay more for a better condition version, i saw on caresales a while ago a dc5r with like 70,000km's on the clock selling for 35k, but my god it was worth it, the car was imaculate better than brand new, and i would consider paying that much if i had the money.
    Well I didn't say "ALL P PLATES", I said too many. I'm a P plater myself and bought my car more than 2 years ago. Theres only a handful of use that don't molest the car.
    Less is More

fark, i wonder howmuch a white ap2 would be worth....not cheap im guessing, and i recon you could find a good nick silver one for cheap, plenty of silver ones goin round.
    There was a white 2004 one in Melbourne with 18,000km's on the clock for sale about 6 months back... the asking price was 45k. I offered 44k. The guy was ready to take my deposit and than another 2 guys came in and started a bidding war that went to 49k. I contacted the guy who bought the car and offered just over 50k but he wouldn't sell. I also saw a white 2005 model, in mint condition with 60,000km's on the clock and the guy struggled to get the asking price of 45k.

I think used cars are way overpriced in Australia. I think that they will continue to drop as there is less demand for them. The s2000 will continue to drop sharply in price. But the odd perfect s2000 will appreciate in value, but it will have to be close to vintage 25yo before it does, as they will be a collectors car.

I am in the market for a S2000. Guess i should wait a few more months. But I am definately willing to pay more for a unmolested one
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin3180 View Post
    I think used cars are way overpriced in Australia.
    I think you mean "all cars are way overpriced in Australia".

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    I think you mean "all cars are way overpriced in Australia".
    Spot on.cars are definitely way over price.Look at car prices in the US?

S2Krazy Array
    Buying power and taxes make the difference.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...