Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: K24a3 dc5r

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Hey man good luck with the build, sounds good.

As far as hydro locking is concerned I'm not sure what people have told you, but personally I would just clutch in and stop accelerating through a puddle and just let my momentum carry me through. The way I imagine it is your intake is like a vacuum and if you turn it up (accelerate) your more likely to suck up water.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    My tuner - Daniel from Toda says something completely different to you "Bludger" LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    He says you should go fast. Cause you WILL suck water in and get Hydraulic lock if you are going slow. He advised me that if I came across puddles and had a CAI, I should drop it to 2 or stay in 1st if I could, and drive over it at a high rev, like 7K rpm. Slow or fast, I will suck water in, but by going quickly over it at a high rev, the water will expel out through the exhaust, my revs drop down to something like 3K rpm whilst at full throttle, and I will emerge on the other side of the puddle fine.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    But then again, maybe his just really a P Plater in an Old mans suit and doesnt know squat.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    LOL. LOL. LMAO.
    I thought the point was you hydrolock because your engine cant compress water, so shouldn't the aim just be to suck as little water as possible? By revving your engine wouldn't you suck in more?

Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post

As far as hydro locking is concerned I'm not sure what people have told you, but personally I would just clutch in and stop accelerating through a puddle and just let my momentum carry me through. The way I imagine it is your intake is like a vacuum and if you turn it up (accelerate) your more likely to suck up water.
    incorrect. driving through the puddle without accelerating will only suck water and store it within the engine and stuff up. IF you accelerate thru the water/puddle watever, keeping it high revs, the water will go thru, BECAUSE its kept at high revs, it wont be stored within the motor, it will just go thru the exhaust and spit the water out.
    Last edited by davidvtec; 02-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

farkk you baller, didn't know you've done so much to the car already after the hydrolock.. nicee
    Last edited by tuanEH?; 02-12-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post

TY bro. Yea man I didnt quite understand at first but when he ellucidated further it made so much sense. davidvtec's got it spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by davidvtec View Post
    incorrect. driving through the puddle without accelerating will only suck water and store it within the engine and stuff up. IF you accelerate thru the water/puddle watever, keeping it high revs, the water will go thru, BECAUAE its kept at high revs, it wont be stored within the motor, it will just go thru the exhaust and spit the water out.
    100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanEH? View Post
    farkk daryl you baller, didn't know you've done so much to the car already after the hydrolock.. nicee
    Thanks genius, I was trying to keep my identity secret.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Im not to sure about the Hi revs thing, i had a DC2 VTiR which had a CAI and when i would accellerate it hard in the rain it would suck up water and turn off.
    Luckily it was still good after that, i just learnt to never to put load on the accellerator when driving through rain and never had any problems after that. I dont know about revving the shit out of the motor which will cause you to just spin in the rain, the air intake sucking the most water? Water expell through the exhaust? and risk sucking all that water into the head?

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Im not to sure about the Hi revs thing, i had a DC2 VTiR which had a CAI and when i would accellerate it hard in the rain it would suck up water and turn off.
    Luckily it was still good after that, i just learnt to never to put load on the accellerator when driving through rain and never had any problems after that. I dont know about revving the shit out of the motor which will cause you to just spin in the rain, the air intake sucking the most water? Water expell through the exhaust? and risk sucking all that water into the head?
    i wouldnt say revving the shit out of it. its keeping the rev's to a reasonable RPM at a consistent speed that wouldnt need to spin. theres nothing wrong with the engine taking in a bit of water, its normal. but the point is, you rather spit the water out then store it in the engine
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.